About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

A Finish-- does almost count????

Well, here is the birth announcement I stitched for my new ganddaughter--




I did it all in redwork, even though this is a sampler from Charlotte Lyons  (note the baby's middle name--isn't that serendipitous) at housewren studio--I LUV her stuff--sooo outrageously cute!!  And, I think it also translates into redwork really well....


LUV little mousie in the corner.....
I entered my granddog's name on the doggie " 'Kota" and all I have left to stitch is the EXACT time of the birth...going up today to see my new little sweetie and will find that out.....

Still need to decide if I want to border it or just frame it.  10 x 10 is not a usual frame size--so will have to figure this out....anyone have suggestions....??

Besotted with ma nouvelle petite fille--Julierose, La Blageuse..

4 comments:

  1. Oh, this is so darling! Congratulations and thank you for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful...worth having custom framed. Or try Ben Franklin. I have seen square frames there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Chris, Welcome to my blog; thank you for your kind comment; Actually I did frame it in a shadow box style and gave it to my deaughter-in-law and son for Fiona for Christmas. It is hanging in her bedroom--such fun to do, too. I also did a Santa and ordered a wire hanger for my daughter's Christmas decoration collection. Will plan to do some more this year.....Julierose

      Delete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.