About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Saturday, June 8, 2013

NOSTALGIA


BEACH HOUSES LONG AGO:  As I worked on this little wall hanging, I realized that it was really a trip down memory lane for me...those two tie-dyed pieces on the sides are leftover from a skirt that I used to wear (yes, really!)....in my "salad days".

And......I can even smell the seaweed and Coppertone when I look at this.  Funny, how things seem to all fall into some kind of pattern when you're working without a net....just pulling fabrics out "willy-nilly" (maybe that's why it's so hard for me to "organize" my fabrics in specific groupings???)


The yellow dotty print represents the fact that you really only ..."remember the sunny days" as you look back in your life....



the blues on the bottom represent all those deep sea anemones and jellies floating around in August at our beaches here in SE CT...and I just HAD to include that pinky flower! The little house on the right brings back the "ooohs and aaahs" of our fireworks displays with the kids...out on our beach lying on blankets under the stars.....good times....

I had no idea that just making up a few "liberated" beach houses would take me back to my youth...and bring so much happiness back to me...I can only say that it is magical...

Hugs to all, Julierose, La Blageuse

 P.S.  See my post of June 7th for the "giveaway" ....


6 comments:

  1. Amazing how pieces of fabric can tell a story! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! Will you be embellishing it with beads and baubles?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The meanings behind the different pieces of the quilt are so amazing! What great work! Absolutely wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can see how this piece is so special to you. It's wonderful and really does capture an essence of seaside days. I love the fabric on the sides, it would have been a beautiful skirt, it's so good you found a perfect project to use it in.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These houses are so cute and I loved reading about how you made your choices.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Julierose. Delightful piece--I really like the fabrics and the colors.
    best, nadia

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.