About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Thursday, October 17, 2013

MONET'S CITY

MONET'S CITY

This hexagon piece is beginning to come together.
I am sewing the long vertical rows keeping the colors in the same position.

The fabric on the left (blue watery print) inspired me to think of Monet's Water-Lilies and I will choose a background to surround this piece to continue that motif.

Busy week; not much sewing except for playing around with Moonscape on my design wall for RSC13--and kinda stymied there...
Toodles, Julierose, La Blageuse

14 comments:

  1. Pretty - but I am glad YOU are doing the hexagons and not me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful way to use half-hexies! I like the name - it is very Monet like.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm hoping that there is some machine work here. I can see that the hexies might be sewn by machine to be two colored, but the rest is hand sewing?Oh say it isn't so!
    I love the way it looks, but I've had my fill of hexie hand sewing. Glad it's you doing it.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your hexies look wonderful! You've done a lot! Monet's City is a perfect name.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty! So many possibilities for hexies and half hexies. Think I have to try this, but not right now though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do like your colours, not done hexies myself for quite some time - would need to do large size ones now.
    What size are the hexagons Julie?

    ReplyDelete
  7. It really does remind of a Monet painting! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. they look fabulous! I don't think I have the patience to play with hexies but this is one beautiful piece!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This quilt is beautiful! It does look like Monet could have made it. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, those colours work well together! This is going to be a beautiful quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Reading your Jan 3, 2015 post, I did not realize that these were Split Hexies!! Wow! I am intrigued and am going to continue reading back to see what size, technique, ect.

    I haven't been bit by the hexie bug yet but something like this would definitely get me riled up! For now though, I can enjoy your progress and look forward to seeing how it finishes. Thank you so much for sharing your work!!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.