About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Saturday, July 19, 2014

FIRST NOUVEAU BELLE DAME

La belle dame sans Merci--the 1st block of my "Nouveau Ladies" is embroidered.

she is buttoned and be-ribboned and has some lacey things...I am really just learning a lot of these stitches--even though I have embroidered for many years...

a fan

For 

Hot

Summer

Nights

with a ribbon streamer











and here is a lovely piece of lace with french knottings....

I can hear a lute strumming in the distance....

I am working VERY SLOWLY on these for relaxation,,,,,

Now for La belle Dame Deux...picking out threads, ribbons, colors,,,

Today we brought our Libby back to her family--I loved having her here----but
she was a LOT more active than I ever recall doggies being--could that be being in my 70's (yikes :--000)

at any rate...hugs, and hope you are enjoying your weekend...I will be tying Sea glass and looking for a geranium in bloom and lavender...and simply enjoying the quiet.....

Hugs Julierose, La blageuse Embroideuse


6 comments:

  1. gorgeous! what lovely details and the beading is so special.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like a perfect way to spend a Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So lovely! The detail you are adding is wonderful! What is your plan for all these belle dames?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your stitches look wonderful! I think crazy quilts are perfect for relaxation. You can keep adding to your hearts content!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very beautiful! I love the elaborate stitching, lace and beadwork!
    This will be a very special piece - I look forward to following your progress on this stunning quilt progect.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.