My First Blockheads [Book One]
Block-- No. 02
[6"]
and look👀👀👀↧↧↧↧↧↧↧--just for laughs;)))
I first had it sewn together like this↡↡↡↡:
A "Flying" Ohio Star..ahahahaha
So I played leapfrog--
and de-stitched....and re-sewed.....
It is still not perfect, but it's done....
Dawn at Relaxing Robin had suggested, last Wednesday,
that we grab a quilting book, any one we'd like,
and choose "No 24-- 2 or 4" any block with those numbers
involved-- she's very flexible ;))))--- so no stressing out--
and make a block in a week for her SAL....
Since I am TRYing to learn how to improve my piecing...I chose
the Moda Blockheads Book for my SAL book--
it has been languishing on my bookshelf for quite a while now...
("Who's Afraid of the big bad BOOK?")
I have been practicing making hourglasses for "RSC February"
This little 4.5" one came out better....
Go and visit Dawn and see what block she chose and how she did....
hugs, Julierose La blageuse (I was never good at geometry-euse)



Great job girl! Love them....and I like your ohio star flying and not.
ReplyDeleteOoooo that may be another exercise. Make the block 2 different ways.see how different you can make them
Woohoo those turned out gorgeous!
ReplyDeleteThat's a good way to put some of our books to good use! Your blocks look great--even if they are sometimes a little flighty!
ReplyDeletelove that block
ReplyDeleteI liked the block you goofed up! It looked good! Your real block looks great!
ReplyDeleteOh yes, geometry - one of the mysteries of math class in school. That, and algebra were my downfall. I want to live in a world where 1+1=2. I like both your blocks and think they'd work perfectly together in a quilt.
ReplyDeleteWhat lovely colours you are using for this. I like their moody feel a lot.
ReplyDeleteI like the subtle background fabrics. That change adds so much to a simple block.
ReplyDeleteI think Dawn's SAL 24 sounds fun. Use a book for block ideas, choosing page 24 or 42 or 2 or 4, as you wish. Once a week and post about it.
ReplyDeleteDid I get that right?
I've started already.
Good plan, I like this idea, the only trouble for me, is that I already have at least a dozen to finishg my own SAL's. Great fun, looking forward to your next block.
ReplyDelete