About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Monday, February 3, 2020

"H"-IMPROV

                              A little "H"-Improv piece...as part of my 
                                     RSC Feb. Oranges' sewing...
                                        I am leaving this one as is and calling this a
                                                        "mini" and done...;)))


            I used up EVERY bit of that orange cross-hatched fabric from 
             my grandson Steven's going away to college quilt; every smidgen that
                  was big enough to hold a seam...hence the improv curved pieces...

&&&&&&&&&&&And &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Those centers are tiny cut-offs that could just about hold an 
1/8th inch seam allowance......;000
I am very proud of Helga that she is not "eating" all these tiny pieces...
she is
a good stitcher...;)

hugs, Julierose, La Blageuse 
(My sewing is shrinking like "Alice in Wonderland"-euse)



17 comments:

  1. You're really using up every little piece! Wonderful! Looks great!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow more scraps used up. What will you do for the rest of the month?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderfully free improv! I love it. What are its dimensions, it is smaller than it looks?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow - and here I was marveling in your last post about you cutting triangles out of 2 1/2" squares and now I read this and discover you're sewing 1/8" seams. Wow....just wow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this little quilt, most especially the colors. Luscious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A small quilt here and there refreshes our spirits - finishing feels so good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The curves add a lot of interest and are fun to view. At first I thought the whole quilt was curved but my eyes do play tricks on me so I figured it out. It is a nice combination of unusual color related fabrics. I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow you are on a roll. A scrappy ride. You go girl! Looks good

    ReplyDelete
  9. A clever way to use these leftover bits. Enjoy yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks like you have been having fun! I really like the combination of straight lines and curves in this wee piece.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! That has a lot of energy! It is like a piece of modern art.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a lovely piece of Improv!!! Congratulations on your 'mini'.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Interesting, my stitching this week was definitely on the small size. But look at this, a genuine creative improv piece. So wonderful and how happy to use up every little bit of a favourite fabric. Happy Stitching, Julierose.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats on using up all the scraps. The color combo really works.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.