About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Tuesday, August 1, 2017

TUESDAY'S MONSTA MASH


Orange slabbing in progress on "It Was a Dark and Stormy Night..."


Here are the blocks I've made so far...( 23 more to go--this is going to be a bigger
quilt than I had thought--just because I am having SO MUCH FUN ;}}})








the top one is a new cutting
from that original fabric....





and More work on freaked out kitties....

HERE, I have set up the other blocks in progress by my machine...
                               I found this old batik scrap that I love--so in it will go



Here's a closer look at my scraps....all shades of orange and peach thrown in, too....and that little bit of light mauvey-pink...;*}}} who could have known that these Ghastlie Fabrics would morph into
another Improv quilt...

*****************
I am calling this my 4th Improv quilt adventure (of a sort)--because:

although I am setting the centers log cabin style---I have no idea how I will fill in  
in between all these different sized blocks...and they are by no means up to any final size as yet; there are more rounds to go...

I am doing the first round on each one and then will continue around in some fashion...(improving)
And
I want to add some kind of black/gray/silver: 

maybe more coin strips, maybe some skinny strips...this will also be
some  Improv ...

Thanks to DAWN & JACKIE for suggesting this slabfest...it was the springboard for this piece and a whole lot of fun...
hugs, Julierose, La Blageuse 
(freakin' it up-euse )
["do the mash,.....do the monsta mash..." lol]   






10 comments:

  1. Wow! You are making a lot of progress on this slabfest. I haven't done anything yet so I may miss out on this one. It's fun watching you gals though :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This all sounds like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely your slabs are turning out wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like where this is going. the moonsta mash it was a graveyard smash........ah oooooooo.........LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. So much fun!! I love your oranges with that peachy color..can't wait to see where you go with all of these

    ReplyDelete
  6. You really look like you are having a lot of fun with this! I'm enjoying watching it come together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't believe how fast you're getting these blocks done! I think you're having a fun time with these slabs! Keep going!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Improv sneaks in all over the place if you let it. This really is a great project.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's surprising what a little fun and enthusiasm can accomplish.
    I always enjoy my visits here, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your project looks fab. Great fabric!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.