I HAVE finished the forest on my main Santa block
and worked a bit
more on the surrounding blocks...
The angel, two crescent moons, and a star are complete...
******************************************
I am finding machine buttonhole applique hard on my eyes despite my
excellent lighting...perhaps, because it's so new to me---maybe
I tense up while I am sewing? ??? ;00
Next I will work on other trees and houses.....perhaps next week...
Here is my new applique foot↓↓↓↓
Now I can SEE what's going on...
*******************************
I need to make hubster a new lap quilt--his is 20 years old--and
starting to fray....
I made it for him upon his retirement...has it been 20 yrs already???
Time does fly away from us....
Perhaps a log cabin in blues and whites...we'll see
*****************************************
AND----FYI: on our home front:
Hubster had MOHS surgery this last Monday--
and I have had my Nurse's Cap on ever since...
The area was on the side of his nose, and much deeper
than expected--so the surgery was quite extensive; and
he has both internal and external stitches the whole
length of his nose..
(not fun!!)
but, the good news is that they were able to excise it all...;)))
As a result....
he has been pretty sore, generally uncomfortable, and wiped out...
But, today he is starting to feel better....:)))
stitches will come out next Monday--
*********************************
So limited blogging, sewing etc...going on here...
Hugs, Julierose, La blageuse (nursing-euse)


You are moving right along on your machine applique Santa piece and doing well. My experience with machine applique is that, though certainly faster than hand applique, it has its own challenges. One is that I need to stitch slower than I think it should go. And changing thread colors and bobbins for each can be a not fun part of the process.
ReplyDeletehope that has good report, Sounds like a lot of pain! I tense up when I do anything new so that is it! Have fun sweetie
ReplyDeleteI'm sure you are making an excellent nurse, best wishes for a speedy re every for your hubby.
ReplyDeleteYour Santa and his surroundings are just delightful, Julierose! Glad you figured out how to stitch all the pieces down the way you want them. Best wishes to your hubster as he recuperates!
ReplyDeleteI'm sure you're taking good care of your husband. I hope he feels better soon. Sounds painful! It sounds like you're getting used to machine applique. I'm sure there's a learning curve.
ReplyDeleteHi Julierose! Oh, I am sorry that you aren't enjoying machine buttonholing. I sure hope your new foot helps with that issue - I can understand how it would be hard to see without an open-toed foot. I'm sorry to hear about DH's surgery, but I'll bet you are being a great nurse. {{Hugs}} I look forward to seeing next week's update and if you don't accomplish any sewing, so what?! Peeps first! ~smile~ Roseanne
ReplyDeleteGreat progress! Hope your husband feels better soon.
ReplyDeleteWow I have obviously missed something. Love the fabric you used for the background it is made to look like the cork? Hope your new foot helps with the applique. Keeping Thom in my prayers and you too. Hugs.
ReplyDeleteI'm sure your issues with the machine stitching could well be the fact that you're tensing up as you work. I know it's something I struggle with when I'm trying to free motion stitch. Didn't realize the Santa wasn't a piece in and of itself and that it's part of a bigger picture. I'm sure your DH is in the best of hands - best wishes to him for a speedy recovery.
ReplyDeleteAll the best for Hubby's speedy recovery.
ReplyDeleteCute Santa scene! Sorry to hear about your husband. Glad they got it all. I had basal near my eye -scarey.
ReplyDeletehave a good weekend and stay warm.
Glad to hear your husband is doing better. I love your Santa. What pattern is it. Hugs
ReplyDeleteSending prayers for Thom to heal and for you too.it can be nerve wracking to not be able to ease pain for a loved one. Santa will wait. Lookin good
ReplyDeleteOh my! I've had Mohs surgery -- twice now -- and while it's not too bad, it's absolutely no picnic. One was on my nostril and I had stitches inside & out. UGH! Tell Thom I truly feel his pain!
ReplyDeleteYour Santa looks good. Maybe the eye strain is from lack of blinking? I know that I forget to blink when I'm in 100%-concentration mode! Lol! Have a great week!
Oh, I do hope your DH is feeling better now. Getting stitches out is no picnic, but that means healing is well underway. Here’s to a swift and complete recovery.
ReplyDeleteI agree with you on the machine buttonhole being hard on the eyes - I found I could only bear to do it in short bursts.
ReplyDeleteHope your husband goes well with having stitches removed.