About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Tuesday, March 8, 2022

FINALLY, A FLIMSEY , et al

 
Olympic Curling has reached
the flimsey stage.
(Sorry for the tipsey photo--
I had to take it seated)

I had tried a red border 
out first,  
but that color looked 
like it would overtake
the whole piece. 
So, I gambled
that I would have 
 just enough
left of this really 
old  green fabric to 
eke out the borders
after using part of it 
in my  blocks...
Yes, just one little
piece left...
;D

I love that vintagey green
a lot...
AND....↡↡↡↡
***********************
๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’˜
Yesterday I received a lovely
"Squishy Package" in the mail...
From my good friend, 
:)))) {click}

Look at these lovely purple
scraps --actually
big chunks!!
I had just mentioned that I
was lowest on purples and she sent me these...

Along with these two lovely patterns
that I will use for my new long term
project --
My Memory Quilt..

I am going to step out of my
usual "comfort zone" and
try a few of these blocks 
that will remind me of
my "growing up" 
years...
A sampler quilt, if you will.
and a Long Term project..
Slow and  {hopefully} easy...

I have never done a sampler
 before and
now seems like a good time to
just make "one" block at
a time, trying to hone
my skills a bit...
    [actually a LOT!!].
;000
 
[Check out her Farm Girl 
Vintage blocks--so so 
adorable...]

My title will be :
"Je Me Souviens"
(which means
I remember).
French was my first language..
and we only spoke French 
in our home
for the longest time..

Aren't these little bunnies
just adorable???
Thank you so much
Dawn for your
generous gift...
๐Ÿ’‹๐Ÿ’œ
I love it...
************************
This morning I wound bobbins
and I hope to clean out my machine
and change the needle before 
setting it up to machine quilt the
two Dolly quilts...
{ After my little nap, that is}
They are all pinned and ready
to be quilted...

I hope your day is a good one...
hugs, Julierose
La Blageuse 
(Full-after-homemade-burritos-euse)
๐Ÿ˜น











16 comments:

  1. Great finish and that green is perfect!
    Hope spring finds us soon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Getting a squishy parcel in the mail is always exciting, your friend Dawn was very generous. Yes, that bunny fabric is delightful. The new project sounds very doable, one block at a time. I learned French at school, reading and writing it was quite easy at the time, but then we had a French film and I couldn't understand a word they were saying! French people talk so fast and oh, that accent! It's all forgotten now, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's looking fabulous, Julierose! And well on the way. Love that lavender and brown together, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that green border. It is just what that flimsy needed. So nice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dawn sent you some lovely goodies...stitchy friends are just the best!
    I love the green fabric you selected for our Olympic Curling border. It is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those purple fabrics so kindly gifted by your friend, Dawn, are really pretty. The bunny fabric is sweet. I like the sound of doing a sampler block one block at a time. It sounds relaxing and fun. Love the name "Je Me Souviens" for the new quilt you have chosen. Yay for finishing your Olympic Curling flimsy. I think the border fabric you chose is perfect. How wonderful you just had enough.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love your new flimsy! Dawn is the nicest! Her mailings are always a treat to receive!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful flimsy and gorgeous shade of green too. I think that worked out quite well.
    I also love your plan for a memory type sampler quilt. Lots to see here!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your border is perfect. Can't wait to see your memory quilt

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's a lovely flimsy, Julierose. I hope you enjoy your journey creating those vintage blocks. always joy to get fabric in the mail, eh? :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Curling's border looks SO good - excellent choice!! And your idea of making one block at a time for a memory sampler quilt is such a good one - slow and steady.

    ReplyDelete
  12. the green coloured fabric is perfect, I am glad that you had enough. xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. The border fabric looks great. I'm glad you had enough of it. Samplers are fun. Each block has its own special day to be pieced.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love how your curling quilt turned out and the green border is perfect. Samplers can be fun sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Olympic Curling looks great!

    I will enjoy watching your memory quilt in progress, and reading about the associated memories.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think that green was the perfect choice for your Curling quilt - red probably would have overpowered it.
    I like the idea of a sampler quilt - note I said the 'idea of' and not the 'doing of'. I'll happily sit back and watch yours evolve!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.