Working on my yellow pages--
Asian inspired above;)))
&
"Medallion Style"
Somehow the central image
reminded me
of a Van Gogh
with those colors..
AND
some Black and white pages
embellishments...
[Sorry for the glare--the shiny
mag images are hard to photograph...]
click on any to enlarge..
*************************
Meanwhile
I am sorting my fabric scraps by colors;
just a bit each day--
I find a lot of multi-colored ones hard
to classify into a specific
color--so I have begun a
Multi (I don't really
know what color it is ) baggie ;)))
**********************
I am sending Helga off for a Spring Spa
week as I am not doing much sewing
right now...I have done the
under the needle stuff, but feel that
it should have a more thorough
cleaning--it's been 8years
since her last check up...
*****************
FYI: for those of you asking about
my recuperation from
Long Covid....
I am much much better:
I still have an ear blockage
and tire easily...but today, as
it is 67 and sunny
here, I took a short walk
by the ocean--
ahhh so refreshing--
though there was still a coolish
ocean breeze about...
I hope you are enjoying our journey
into Springtime..
Hugs, Julierose
La Blageuse
(cutting-gluing-sorting-euse)




"The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking
ReplyDeletenew landscapes but in having new eyes."
--Marcel Proust--
You project is so interesting. Lots and lots of collections and pictures. It's so fun to look at.
ReplyDeleteI'm so pleased you are feeling a bit better, you have been "slowly recovering" for such a long time. Hopefully the Spring weather will chase the last remaining symptoms away.
ReplyDeleteI love what you're doing with the scrap books. The pages are coming out great. I know what you mean about some scraps not being to classify as a particular color. I like the idea of a "multi" bag! It's perfect! I hope you're back to normal soon. The weather was so nice today. I'm sure it was nice to go outside and get that fresh air!
ReplyDeleteYou're creating beautiful pages for your book, the Asian inspired and medallion style - homage to Van Gogh - are works of art indeed. Im now waiting to see what magic you work with the black and white pages.Happy to read of your improvement on the Long Covid issues!
ReplyDeleteI am with you on the challenge of photographing images printed on shiny paper! And that multi scrap bag would be such fun to create a scrap vortex type runner or pillow or small wall quilt.
ReplyDeletePretty collages. And I'm glad you felt up to a walk. It should feel warm here, but strong winds, so I am as usual, cold!
ReplyDeleteI was thinking my machine needs a spa week too. The local guy left after H Sandy and that's 11 years. But the places left to sewing Machine repairs are long drives. Fingers crossed my home clean ups are enough.
love
lizzy
Glad you are feeling better and took a walk by the ocean, I have a zip bag full of multi colored fabrics.
ReplyDeleteHere we are into Fall and the temperatures are low.
I'm so glad you're doing better after Covid, Julierose. I hope you enjoy your rest from blogging (and whatever else).
ReplyDeleteYour glue pages look great. I love your medallion-style Van Gogh page.