I finished the last lines of
quilting on the borders
last night ....
So this is ready for a binding
choice...
I really am loving all that heavy
quilting throughout...
**********************
Next up for hand quilting is
a much larger piece:
↓↓↓↓
This has been waiting in line for quite a while;
frankly, I cannot recall what I named it...
I know it is a pattern from Beth's
"My Sewing Room" on YouTube that
she named "Scrappy Strings".
I wanted to make it as I have had
troubles working with triangles through
the years. Her tutorial is really
great...and I found it surprisingly easy.
I think maybe I will think
about a name while I am quilting...
Now that I have hand quilted
a couple of smaller pieces,
I think I am ready to tackle this
one.
Obviously a much longer project.
You can see that originally I had planned
to machine quilt this one--I sewed two
long lines abutting the central long
sashing which is a scrappy
coin strip that used up the rest
of the cut offs from the central
strip-pieced blocks...
Here is the reverse side--
a very old panel to make a
tablecloth that came down to
me from my Grand-mere...
I thought it would be a nice way to use this
piece so full of memories....
**************************
Another gray-ish day here with rains
forecast...
hugs, Julierose,
La Blageuse
(embarking-on-a-big-hand-quilting-project-euse)




Reading: "The Man Who Died Twice" by Richard Osman
ReplyDeleteand really enjoying it;)))) yay--a book I like;)))
Your strawberry piece is delightful, Julierose! I love how you quilted it - so much texture. Do you quilt with a hoop? Enjoy the next one that you'll be working on!
ReplyDeleteYour strawberry project turned out wonderfully. Must admit I know I'm going to enjoy watching you stitch the blue piece though (not that it's my favourite colour or anything!).
ReplyDeleteHappy Happy Wednesday, Julierose. Your Christmas Strawberries is stunning! I love the heavy quilting too. It makes the design pop! Beautiful job. Your newest quilt in the hoop is beautiful as well. Such pretty blues in this piece. I look forward to seeing how you quilt it. I love that you are using your Grand-mere's tablecloth. It makes it extra special. Warm hugs.
ReplyDeleteThe strawberries look terrific with all their lovely quilting. I'm so glad you can quilt again.
ReplyDeleteMmm, those Christmas strawberries look nice. Living down here in the Southern Hemisphere we do indeed have fresh tasty strawberries for Christmas.
ReplyDeleteChristmas Strawberries has a lot of movement to it...I love it. The next big project is going to a special piece, especially with the backing coming from your grandmother. Do you use a hoop when you hand quilt? If so, what size?
ReplyDeleteI love the strawberries! Your quilting looks great too! I like the Scrappy Strings too. Great way to use up those scraps. The tablecloth panel is so pretty. It's a nice way to remember your Grand-mere.
ReplyDeleteCongrats on the quilted finish! Your strawberry TR is really cute and I love the way you have quilted it. Beautiful! Love your next hand quilting project too, such a fun quilt. Your grand-mere's table cloth makes it so special with all its memories.
ReplyDeleteThat is a lot of quilting on the Strawberry piece and it looks great. The blue one looks like a fun one to quilt. I don't remember seeing it before.
ReplyDeleteRichard Osman's books are so good -- and don't we all look forward to the Thursday Murder Club film version (BritBox? Acorn? can't remember). The panel back for your blue quilt is so pretty. I have several pieces like that -- uncut napkin yardage. Haven't been able to cut into them....yet.
ReplyDeleteP.S. I thought of your strawberry project yesterday when we watched the final two episodes of the 2024 Great British Baking Show. One of the challenges was to make realistic-looking fruit and one of the contestants included strawberries (that were actually cake and a filling encased in a glazed/frosting).
ReplyDeleteCongrats on the finish, Julierose. Those strawberries and their quilting look great!
ReplyDeleteYour scrappy strings and triangles quilt is beautiful. It looks very calm. I especially like the backing. This quilt will hold sweet memories for you.