I have been hand stitching my b i g orange dresden semi-circle
in the evenings and whenever my hands allow....
As you can see, I've come to the white surrounding arc parts....
I love how this big stitching pulls in the fabrics to really
crinkle them up a lot!!
there is really nothing like hand quilting to my mind...
I am linking to Kathys quilts [click]
to join in with the other slow stitchers
this Sunday as I will be doing
just that during the afternoon
Red Sox pre-season game...
Hugs, Julierose, La Blageuse (slow stitching-euse)


There's nothing I like better than a Dresden Plate! Except, of course, Big Stitch. What fun therapy it is. Thanks for the link- I'm off to see who else is slow stitching.
ReplyDeleteFor sure hand quilting..big or small stitches, makes a quilt just look fantastic!!
ReplyDeleteOh, it's looking wonderful!
ReplyDeleteGreat project! Happy Stitching!
ReplyDeleteThe closer I get to finishing my hexie quilt the bigger my stitches get! 😀 Your Dresden is looking sooo good!
ReplyDeleteSuper fun stitching on this cheerful ORANGE project!!
ReplyDeleteHi Julie Rose, I love your orange scrappy dresden.. it is lovely and your stitches are so precious! Thanks for sharing <3 Kathi
ReplyDeleteThat is such a pretty orange project, Julierose! I love what your quilting adds to it.
ReplyDeleteLove your happy and colourful Big Orange Dresden! Love the Tula Pink centre. Your quilting is fantastic.
ReplyDeleteLooking great!
ReplyDeleteNice! This much be such fun to stich.
ReplyDeleteLooks awesome. Love the crinkly goodness of the hand quilting.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful. Wasn't orange such an inspired color choice for February projects, love what you have done.
ReplyDeleteLove how those big stitches glow in the white areas--beautiful!
ReplyDeleteLooks great!
ReplyDeleteI agree big stitches really add so much to a quilt! I have my big stitched log cabin on my bed right now and every morning after I make the bed I run my hand over it, just can't help myself.
ReplyDeleteI like your blog post title as that is just what you have to do to big stitch your project.
ReplyDeleteLooking lovely and bright, and yes, just like squeezing an orange - perfect!
ReplyDeleteSuch a great Dresden! Joyful color.
ReplyDelete