I am SO so close to finishing up my hand quilting
on my Orange Slice for RSC February...;)))
I will be working on this during the Red Sox Spring Training Game
this afternoon...;))))
I have used 3 different shades of thread:↴↴↴
The outer band (on white) looks like a white thread;
but it is really a light peach thread...
I am so enjoying stitching round and round on this
"roundish"
circle
dresden...
AND
Here is the reverse side↧↧↧
I am using up a VERY OLD fabric that has lain
undiscovered up to now
in my stash
pushed back
underneath my novelties...
And......Why did I put it there?
I don't even recall having done that!!
Those are the unanswerable questions that give me pause....
********************************************
And now, I will have "Maru-gata Kimmi" to move onto.↡↡
Another "sort-of" circular, free cut dresden ;)))
Isn't that little girl print just adorable???
I free cut those blades,
{and sometimes I have to take darts
and/or tucks to
make the shape lay flat};
and then machine applique the outer edge,
hand folding as I sew; and then machine applique the central circle.
My plan is to make one each month in the RSC color of the month
and use them as monthly table toppers -- this is a very free and
relaxing project for me..
So the dresdens will get cut FIRST each month--
out of whatever scraps
are in that month's baggie...
I am hoping I will have enough for each month--
some may end up being very ....very ........
small
rounded
shapes--
we shall see..👀👀👀👄💝
these are.............
A little monthly surprise for me....;))))
*************************************
I hope your Sunday, this first Sunday of Daylight Savings Time,
is wonderful....💖💖💖
Hugs, Julierose, La Blageuse (rounding the final round-euse)




Your free-form Dresdens are such fun! And I love that hand-quilted texture, too!
ReplyDeleteThe hand quilting on your orange project is lovely. All of these Dresdens will be such a fun collection of mats. Great idea.
ReplyDeleteOh what fun to just freely stitch and just enjoy! I think it's interesting that many older quilters end up making art quilts I think maybe for the same reason. No rules just fun!
ReplyDeleteSo fun. I love your orange circle, and the hand quilting is fantastic.
ReplyDeletelove your quilt blocks or table topper? Great hand quilting.
ReplyDeleteYour orange stitching has such pretty texture! I love how that happens with hand quilting!
ReplyDeleteOh just look at the hand quilting - congratulations!!!
ReplyDeleteLove your free-form Dresden creations! That little Kimmi is ADORABLE and I can see how relaxing the quilting is also Very pretty threads and round & round you go! Will the quilting be the same on all your table toppers?
ReplyDeleteYour Dresdens are so pretty, and wow on the hand quilting texture! Almost makes me want to hand quilt. Almost. ;)
ReplyDeleteGreat free spirit pieces. I haven’t used my blocks from last year so I’m skipping this years. Too much on the plate. Sigh
ReplyDeleteAh, you answered my question before I even got to ask it! I was wondering what you planned to do with the Dresden circles and if they would be in a quilt but you plan to use them as table toppers. Nice!
ReplyDeleteLovely hand stitching - really like the idea of roundish dresden table toppers.
ReplyDeleteLove your colors in the Dresden with the little girl.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful in orange and the different shades of thread in your hand quilting are a great idea.
ReplyDeleteAnd the very cute dresden Kimmi, I used to have some of that same turquoise dot batik. I used it all up in everything while it lasted.
Lovely hand quilting, love the echo lines!
ReplyDeleteBright and beautiful! That orange Dresden will really brighten you table top and the whole room. I love your quilting on it.
ReplyDeleteWorking on circle quilts is such a joy, isn't it? Your oranges are so attractive and the stitching makes it even better.
ReplyDeleteYES! She is adorable! I'm glad those monthly projects are such a relaxing thing for you. The hand stitching looks wonderful! You sure do have a variety of things you like to work on!
ReplyDeleteThat orange is so colorful! I love the little girl too! Such great ideas!
ReplyDelete