About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Friday, August 13, 2021

SUMMER DAYS and THANKS, EM ;)))

 

"SUMMER DAYS"
is now a flimsy
hanging in my closet
until my back will allow
me to layer up and baste
with all that involved bending over.

*********************
Meanwhile, continuing in my 
"Seasons'"  pieces...

Here is the start of "Falling Leaves"

["The falling leaves
drift by my window, 
the Autumn leaves
of red and gold..."
I  love that song--it
gave me the theme for
this one]

I Sub-cut String sections of 
leftover Autumnal Fabrics;

mostly, gold, yellow, browns,
oranges and 
a few light rosy colors, and
a bit of green ...

I saw this process on 
Video--and was immediately
chasing a new squirrel...;)))
🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾

I had NEVER thought about
subcutting with my 
Go! Baby 
die cutter.
And, using it I was
able to do a
bit at a time 
this past week...

Here are a few sewn strip parts...
This is my "take" on Em's  quilt
so far...
↡↡↡↡↡

I am not as yet sure
how I am going
to cut and sew these
together; [they are in
sections of four and just pinned
up on my wall--]
but, for now,
I can do a bit of strip
sewing in my wonderful
lumbar pillowed sewing chair...

*;)))
[And then, do my heating pad]
πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

I have chosen graduated solid
strip colors from my stash to use
as separators for the crumbs...

¿I don't know if you can tell that the 
shorter sections' solids are a shade
darker than the longer ones..?

I am only using my stash 
for these projects...

Em also has an Etsy shop 
as well as her blog with her 
original pattern for 
doing strip sets 
like this...

Aren't they neat?  I am loving
doing this project...

😊Thank you so much Em  πŸ’—πŸ‘΅

I will be doing more subcutting for sure...

***********************
In the meantime, I have been
doing some retail therapy...
I bought a Fat 1/4 bundle
of the  "Kismet" fabric line
after seeing Pat Sloan show it off...
on her YouTube channel...
πŸ‘€πŸ˜³πŸ˜³πŸ˜³πŸ‘€

[I need another set of new fabrics
like a hole in the head!!--Butttt...
this is just SO gorgeous]

 ***************************
A N D 
FYI for those of you who asked:
My new PT guy is so nice and
after yesterday's workout
I am only "normally sore"--
not about to go to the ER like
the time before...

So, things are looking up
here in the House on the Hill--

I hope this PT will take care of the
sciatic nerve problem...
I have seven more visits...
Thanks so much everyone for 
your good wishes...πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–
mmmmmmwhaaa!!

Hugs, Julierose,
La Blageuse,
(crumb-stripping-euse)
 






13 comments:

  1. Beautiful evocative projects that show off your love of color and fabric collection.

    I m so happy the PT was more on target tis week. Good for you, to persevere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS such a beautiful song, but so sad. My dad loved one that went "The autumn leaves, caress the trees---tenderly..."
    Here's your song:
    Lyrics
    The falling leaves drift by the window
    The autumn leaves of red and gold
    I see your lips, the summer kisses
    The sun-burned hands I used to hold
    Since you went away, the days grow long
    And soon, I'll hear old winter's song
    But I miss you most of all, my darling
    When autumn leaves start to fall
    Since you went away, the days grow long
    And soon, I'll hear old winter's song
    But I miss you most of all, my darling
    When autumn leaves start to fall

    ReplyDelete
  3. Having the right PT person makes all the difference in the world....hoping for less pain after each session

    ReplyDelete
  4. Summer Days is so pretty! I love the blue and yellow strings. Your new fall project is lovely, too - I'm kind of ready for some fall colors myself. Glad you like the new PT and hoping it really helps!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It seems very appropriate to move from summer days to autumn leaves.

    Glad your PT is treating you nicely, and things are improving.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your idea of Seasons series I love! Summer Days is definitely a reminder of blue skies and a hot sun, I'm looking forward to watching Autumn Leaves grow - perfect for the lyrics of the song. Sounds like you're having good results from your new PT guy, long may it continue throughout the sessions and you can get back to normal again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're accomplishing a lot between heating pad sessions. I think I love these types of projects most of all because they're evocative of the quilts of our grandmothers time.
    Glad to hear your new PT guy is a winner - how it's to be hoped he can help you feel better sooner.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad pt went better. Good idea with the go cutter. You so smaaart

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your projects! I'm thinking of Autumn so it's appropriate you're working on a fall project! It sounds like PT is helping you. I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Best wishes on your exercise sessions, do hope it is doing you a lot of good and your aches and pains will soon be a thing of the past. In the meantime, comfy chair and heating pad seems to be keeping you reasonably comfy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope your feeling less sciatic pain. poor you!
    your summer and fall quilt project will keep your mind off it. enjoy this beautiful weather.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your summer quilt is beautiful, Julierose. The colors in your fall piece are really pretty. Look forward to seeing this one come together.

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG, the summer quilt top is drop dead gorgeous! I absolutely love it! And I’m thrilled for you that your new therapist is doing well for you. xo

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.