I have been sitting
(with my lumbar back
support on my sewing chair)
and scissor cutting and sewing
strips together....
A few minutes at a time;
for as long as I am able
without my back yelling at me...
S I G H !!!
But at least I can sew a bit now.
:)))
I am using the same group
(hah--mess of blues and yellows)
that I did to make my
string/strip blocks...
************************
A week later
this emerged....
↧↧↧↧
"Summer Days"
I was able in about five short
sessions to cobble these
blocks...
(yellow groupings and
blue groupings)
into this piece...
(click)
I used the sailboat fabric strips
as a memory reminder of when
we used to be taken out
in our friend's sailboat
many summer times ago..
And I used those little crumb
strips I had been working on..
(above)
[It looks wavey--but I
hope to quilt that out]
******************
I have a week off after last
Thursday's PT
(which was a KILLER!!
I could not move for
2 whole days
after that!!)
AND I am on
just stretching
exercises at home 3x/day...
until this coming Thursday...
When I will have a new therapist.
An unknown quantity..
Will he be a drill sargent?
😱😨
¿Quien Sabe?
👳only swami knows
for sure...
************************
So I am feeling a bit better
and making slow progress....
Many thanks to all of you who
wished me luck ;)))
👵
I am hanging in much as
I dislike the exercises...
they are working...
Hugs from my heating pad,
Julierose, La Blageuse
("..and a one and a two"
ooff-dah")-euse


Sewing with strings is always such a mess, but look at your beautiful results! Hope the PT will you get better each day!
ReplyDeleteYour yellows and blues are so cheery and I love the boat fabric.
ReplyDeleteYou re doing reat! I m so impressed with your recovery
ReplyDeleteMy back yells at me too! Pleased you can manage a little sewing, but take care not to overdo it.
ReplyDeleteStick with those exercises - they DO work. And fingers crossed the new therapist is a good one!
ReplyDeleteI have to return to my back exercises periodically to keep it in good shape. I had to take 8 weeks off when I fractured my shoulder recently and it took a while to get back. I have been doing exercises to get my shoulder back in shape. It is much better, but I am looking forward to starting PT to get it as close to new as possible. Good luck with the new therapist. It is essential to get one that you are comfortable with and who spends time to listen and work with you. Love the quilt top. So glad you could manage some stitching.
ReplyDeleteYour progress is great both on the health and quilt fronts.
ReplyDeleteLove seeing string projects.something about them makes me smile
Love how the Summertime Sailboats turned out - so summery! ;-) Hang in there - PT usually always helps, even though it doesn't always feel that way immediately!
ReplyDeleteI hope your back starts feeling better soon.
ReplyDeleteSure hope your new therapist didn't learn his/her trade from the School Of Cruelty and that you get along well. Just be sure you don't overdo it. Looks like you have the perfect project to work on a little bit at a time. If nothing else the colours will help cheer you up.
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad you are able to sew (if only a little at a time). The sailboat quilt top turned out great! I'm itching to make something with string blocks, I like how these turned out.
ReplyDeleteGlad your back is feeling a wee bit better. Love your string blocks! They are fabulous. Your quilt title for some reason triggered the song Summer Nights from Grease in my brain and now I am humming it. Sigh.
ReplyDeleteI love the yellow and blue together. They truly complement each other. I hope your back gets better and your new therapist is a good one!
ReplyDeleteI am loving your strings...those blue and yellow strings just sing to me! I am so sorry about the therapy hurting; it is so, so important...praying for quick healing!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad the exercises are working and hope you are happy with your new therapist! Your blocks look terrific!
ReplyDeleteOh no! Do let the new PT person know you were laid up for 2 days after the last session. Your yellow and blue strings are very pretty. Sending some healing thoughts.
ReplyDeleteI'm sure hoping the PT gives you relief and the new guy is good!
ReplyDeleteAs I get caught up on blog reading, I am both amazed by your beautiful blue and yellow string progress and happy to hear that the physical therapy is working. ((Hugs))
ReplyDelete