About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Sunday, November 20, 2022

"...And It Shook like a Bowl Full of Jelly"

 
My Olde World Santa

I finished him up yesterday...
I added: Kantha stitching, French
Knots, Snowflakes...and a bit of
stitching on the leaves....
[click to enlarge]

Across the lower portion
I have placed a 
"Belly Band"--
(hence the quote from 
"Twas The Night
Before Christmas")  
😄😁😄

This Belly band is a strip that allows you to
place either journaling cards to
write on or Christmas cards
or whatever you wish
behind it..
↧↧↧↧
You can see that it is just
attached on either side so you
can slide things behind it...

I had this small portion of a 
Debbie Mum fabric left
that i thought was just perfect;
 I Kantha stitched it after
strengthening it with Fabri-Flex.

This Belly Band was 
November's monthly challenge
which I hadn't as yet done..
So...checked off now;)))

I plan on making my own journaling 
cards and using them as my
version of a 
"December Daily"
writing spots to highlight
this year's holiday season
and
perhaps I may
also add
some favorite cards...
**************************
Today is a very cold and windy
day here with a westerly wind
whipping up the rest of the 
leaves on our lawn..
A good day to use our treadmill.

Hugs, Julierose,
La Blageuse
(slow-hand-stitching-euse)



13 comments:

  1. "Twas the night before Christmas and all through the house..."
    -Clement Moore--
    Not long now -- Christmas is a'comin' in...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Santa is wonderful! I love the sky behind him with the stars and snowflakes. Looks like lots of fun stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the belly band It's a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your Old World Santa. Love all the finished stitching details. The belly band is a fabulous idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This turned out great and I love the belly band addition.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your Santa! It is so delightful to see how your freehand stitching brings these pages to life.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a very festive and pretty page, Julierose. I like the idea of December daily cards, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great page! I love the addition of the belly band which was obviously meant to be.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This page came out great! Love the idea of the belly band. Perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun page for your book. St. Nicholas looks endearing to me.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.