I finally got to sew my
"Orange You Glad" Ojos
blocks together, doing
just a couple when I
felt okay--or as ok
as these lingering
remnants of
Covid allowed!!
It will be a long
runner for my dining table..
I will be hand quilting it
as I love how my
smaller Ojos came out--
all crinkley!! πππ
Here are the
final scraps from these projects...
↧↧↧↧
This table was piled high when I
began...so I am making Chinese coin
strips with the rest...you can see my
progress with these
on the right of the above photo...
******************
Here is the Composition Color Glue Book project
I have been working at
off and on...cutting and gluing
is a very easy and relaxing
project even when you are not
feeling that great:)))
⇊⇊⇊⇊
[Sorry for the magazine's images glare]
and
Here are two of the Orange background pages...
I love searching for images in each color
and fitting them together on the page.
I will be adding "fussy-cut" images over
these...still in the page's colorway.
[Eg: see the fussy cut oranges on
the top right above]
This is such fun;)))
There are four pages for each color of the spectrum
along with black and white and white on white...
the only backgrounds I have yet to
finish up are
the red ones--I haven't found
many red pages in my old
stack of magazines...
Orange seems to be the theme
of my projects lately.
ππ
π
********************
For those of you who've wished
me well during this Covid
bout--thank you so much--
I hope to continue to get better.
It is an on-and-off thing from day to day.
Still resting and napping a whole lot.
Please stay safe and wear your masks...
π·π·π·
Hugs, Julierose,
La Blageuse
(continuing-to recover-euse)
I




I am reading:
ReplyDelete"A Touch of Mortality" by
Ann Granger (a Mitchell and Markby Cotswold Whodunnit)
So glad to see you are having some time to play with your fabrics. Wishing you have more 'good' days this week. Don't go too crazy celebrating Alonzo's podium today.
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad to see you're back to doing a little sewing. Love your Ojos! I would never be able to make those Composition Color pages the way you do. I'd be lost! I'm hoping you're feeling back to normal very soon!
ReplyDeleteGlad to see you are playing with fabric again Julierose! Love your string table runner, pretty in orange. Wishing you a speedy recovery!
ReplyDeleteGood to see your colourful "Orange You Glad" heading your post and happy you're able to do a little sewing here and there. Good use of the scraps, a perfect way to use those little pieces up rather than put them into the box. I must have missed your Composition Color Glue Book somewhere along the way, but I do like the idea, rather like a mood board. Resting and napping is the way to go Julierose.
ReplyDeleteIt is good to see you back again. Happy sewing, and keep taking it gently. I hope you will be back to 100% soon.
ReplyDeleteGlad to see a post from you this morning and read that you're feeling better! Some orange sewing therapy sounds wonderful. It's such a happy color!
ReplyDeleteYour post today made me smile - glad that you are feeling well enough to post and dabble with your fabrics and papers again!
ReplyDeleteOrange you Glad is so pretty and cheerful. It looks like a good hand quilting project.
ReplyDeleteHappy to see you are getting in a bit of creativity here and there. I hope you continue to feel better and also, feel like sewing or working on your pages.
ReplyDeleteOh dear, your recovery is slow, hope you dont have that dreaded long Covid. Chinese coin strips are a great way to use up those leftovers. Take care of yourself, it's no fun feeling unwell.
ReplyDeletepraying for a complete recovery
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad you are feeling a bit better, each day/ week you'll improve now.
ReplyDeleteLove orange! No surprises there, the sewing projects are delightful and the color collage book is so fun and inspiring.
lizzy
Glad to know you are feeling better and playing with your happy orange scraps. "Orange you glad" table runner looks so pretty. Great idea put all the small pieces into a Chinise coin strips. Hope you feel 100% soon.
ReplyDeleteHave a nice week!
The Ojos quilt is looking good, and I like hand quilting too. This has been a lasting illness and I hope you continue to regain your energy and health. I must have missed your glue booking, too, as another commenter said. But it's a pass-time I enjoy and yours is looking quite fun! Take it easy and pace yourself.
ReplyDeleteHmmm.... don't know where my comment went??? anyway, I hope you regain your health and pace yourself so you don't try to go too fast. I like the Ojos quilt and agree hand quilting will make it even lovelier. And I enjoy gluebooking, too. Yours is looking colorful and fun. Like another commenter mentioned, I don't think I remember seeing your gluebook in posts before. But that could just be my memory!
ReplyDeleteI love all the orange and what a neat table runner that will be. You will probably never forget having worked on it while recovering from Covid. I hope day by day you regain your energy!
ReplyDeleteGlad you're feeling better. (How's Tom?) The orange string blocks are terrific.
ReplyDeleteI always loved these oranges - it's just a happy looking piece. I hope you are nearly over Covid. I had it for the 2nd time in February, though it wasn't as bad as first time.
ReplyDeleteGlad you're feeling well enough to play with fabrics...that's always a good sign. Do take care though and don't overdo.
ReplyDelete