Out on our deck this morning I
began to quilt Moon Garden Stars--
little boat....
Here is how much difference the
hand quilting makes:
sailing through the waves....;)))
[doesn't that shape remind you of
an Italian Gondola?
Hmmm...
perhaps another
"take" on this pattern?]
Here is the little carry-all
I use for my
hand quilting bits and bobs:
It holds everything in the
many little zipper
pockets
A really nice little take-it-everywhere travel holder...
It was originally supposed
to be used for holding
makeup and sundries
while traveling.
I got it at a local
Vera Bradley sale event
many years ago...
I bought it mainly because we
were going on a cruise and
I L💗VED that
pattern....
;)))
AND...
Now that our traveling days
have gone by, I can remember
the trips while I put it to
good use.
***********************
My little pot of marigolds finally
decided to give me a couple
little flowers and some buds:
[I had planted two other pots
with seeds but they didn't come up]
They are a lot
smaller
than I expected
and leggier;
I hope if I cut the blooms and
perhaps trim it a bit it will
fill out more?
We shall see...
********************
Tonight's supper will be
BBQ'd steak tips
(which I got on sale last week)
marinated in DH's special
sauce...
and I made macaroni salad
for our side
and some lovely
snowflake rolls...
A real Summer feast for two..
It is a beautiful Summer day here,
the kind I remember my
childhood Summers to
all have been...
Memory is a funny thing, isn't it?
Ever changing on you....
hugs, Julierose
La Blageuse
(traveling-with-my little-boat-euse)
;)))))))))





Still looking for a good book to read--will turn to re-reading
ReplyDelete"Light Years" by James Salter, I think...we are off to the River boardwalk to sit for a bit....;)))
IT looks like you have a nice area to stitch! Hope you have a great weekend.
ReplyDeleteAhhh hand quilting in the fresh air. I don't hand quilt (yet!) but I do love fresh air. Your boat is looking great. Vera Bradley is my favorite for travel bags. I have a cross body and backpack that I use. They have lasted forever!
ReplyDeleteYour little boat does remind me of a Gondola. The quilting is perfect for it following the stripes.
ReplyDeleteI'm only getting a few blooms from my Marigolds too. The person who sent the seeds to me showed hers, big and bushy but she planted a lot earlier than I did.
Your boat looks great with the quilting on it. And you're right, it does look a little like a gondola. Dinner sounds yummy tonight, wish I could come over.
ReplyDeleteStitching outdoors sounds wonderful. Looks like we're in for another rainy day here so no sitting out for me.
ReplyDeleteYour organizer bag looks wonderful. I used to make hussifs and for some reason I rarely remember to actually use the one I kept for myself. Must rectify that!
Oh your supper is making my mouth water, Julierose. Lovely stitching and what a great bag that is. Certainly holds a lot of useful items.
ReplyDeleteThe boat looks so nice all quilted. You're right, it does look like a gondola. You're travel bag is perfect with all the right things within arms reach. Wish I could have come for dinner - yum.
ReplyDeleteYour hand quilting looks great on your boat. Your travel bag has certainly come in handy. Great to keep all your "stuff" in! I wish the weather would stay like this but I know it won't!
ReplyDeletePerfect quilting along the lines for your little boat, I'm so looking forward to seeing this beauty all finished. That's a good idea to use the travel bag for hand quilting supplies, it's amazing how much we carry along with us.
ReplyDelete