About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Thursday, May 16, 2024

AUGUST ZINNIA PROGRESS, et al

 

Now I have two sections of 
"August Zinnia" 
quilted...
AND
if you look closely you can see at the top
we are watching the Red Sox v. Tampa Bay's
Game 4 of this series...

I've been doing most of my quilting 
watching "The Boys of Summer"
:)))))

This is my view  from my recliner....
with all my little tools laid out
on my favorite Geisha table runner...
↡↡↡
...along with my cup of ice water...

I am trying to drink a lot more water
throughout the day....

****************************

Tonight I made us 
pork fried rice for a 
light supper;
that means later on
we will have an ice cream treat...
Y U M

My favorite is Friendlie's 
Cherry Chocolate Chip
๐Ÿ’“๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’

We had yet another rainy day
and night last night--a total
of 2.79"
Time to seriously think about
building that Ark!! 
๐Ÿ˜‚

I hope you are all enjoying your quilting
journeys....
Hugs, Julierose,
La blageuse
(hand-quilting-euse)




12 comments:

  1. I love watching the Red sox--even if they are having a tough year....;)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your August Zinnia is looking amazing, Julierose and what a beauty to work on as you enjoy the Red Soxs. It looks like you are all set for an evening of quilting. Supper sounded yummy. Best of luck for your team. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a lot of rain at once. Family in Spring, TX (near Houston) texted earlier that they are under a tornado watch and expect 2 to 4" of rain. We've had rain in the forecast nearly every day, but it doesn't show up, except for a short shower or two. And now we're forecast for the upper 80's next week (I'm in western NY, near Rochester). Too early for those temps.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  4. Most of that rain went to the sound of us. It sounds like you got a lot of rain! The Red Sox are great for stitching. I never drink enough fluids throughout the day. I find it difficult to drink a lot. I hope you do better than me!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect colours in your August Zinnia - mine flowering in the garden are exactly the same.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your set up, and it is so much like mine! Great to have some games to keep an eye on while stitching. Those are lovely stitches you are doing there,Julierose.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the stitching on your zinnia, especially with the light thread. You'll have it finished in no time!
    Good for you to drink lots of water. I love it with ice.
    That's a lot of rain in such a short time. We've had several rainy days in a row but I didn't look to see how much.
    I hope you have good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Our Blue Jays are certainly in the pooper this year. Of course they don't listen to us and make the changes we'd like to see!
    Seeing your geishas reminded me of liquid embroidery painting them back when I was in my teens.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely hand quilting on your August Zinnia. I hope the sun comes out soon for you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that you can be anywhere in New England and start a conversation with a complete stranger with, "How about those Red Sox?"

    ReplyDelete
  11. The quilting on August Zinnia is beautiful. We are enjoying our Phillies this year. Of course, being Philadelphia sports fans, we know how that can change.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.