I began making these darling Little Flag blocks after seeing them on
Melisa's blog last week...
I absolutely had to make a few...;)))
Her Little Flags quilt is just adorable!!
AND...
She has a wonderful little tutorial posted
for us readers...;))
I just couldn't resist with the 4th of July coming up
sooner than we think, right???
Here are my 6 little flags
All ready to be layered and quilted.
I made them from just chunky, scrappy
leftovers--
what fun blocks to make!!
thank you Melisa...
๐๐๐
I hope to layer this up this
Memorial Day weekend-
[How apropos is that???]
so I can begin to quilt it ...
*******************************
We had thunder boomers and some rains
this morning and early afternoon...
but the worst of that storm front
passed to our north...
I hope your upcoming long weekend will
be a wonderful one for you all...
๐
Hugs, Julierose,
La Blageuse
{honoring-our-flag-in these-difficult-times-euse)


Reading: a scarey one this time.....
ReplyDelete"An Inquiry into Love and Death
by Simone St. James...
Your Flags are darling, what a fun project.
ReplyDeleteI must not be tempted, bec Silent Night has just one more week to be finished or binned.
Glad to hear from you, I was missing your fun enthusiastic posts this week. [now I know why, you were sewing!]
Here the sky got very dark, a smatter of rain, and done. No thunder that we noticed..
love
lizzy
Those flags are so adorable! It's perfect for Memorial Day! We missed the storms today. They all went south of us. I hope it's a little cooler tomorrow.
ReplyDeleteI love your little flags, Julierose! I saw those, too, and thought I might make some. So much inspiration on Melisa's blog!
ReplyDeleteJulierose, your flag mini is gorgeous and perfect for Memorial Day and the 4th. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for visiting my blog and finding inspiration from it and for the sweet shout out. We had some low rumbles of thunder but missed the storms. Have a great weekend. Hugs.
ReplyDeleteThose are cute little flag blocks. What a fun small project.
ReplyDeleteLucky you to get some rain. We are in a dry spell but 2 sets of storms predicted for today, afternoon and evening.
Cute flags!
ReplyDeleteWe are staying put this weekend. So many stories about heavy traffic on the highways and in the air!
Those are cute! I have been remiss on visiting blogs this month. Hope you enjoy your weekend.
ReplyDeleteYour flags are so cute! I expect you could embiggen the design and make one to hang outside.
ReplyDeleteLove the little flags. So fun to make - so fun to see.
ReplyDeleteYour flag blocks look great, Julierose. I saw those on Melisa's blog and wanted to pull out some scraps for them...maybe later in June.
ReplyDelete