About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Monday, January 14, 2013

FLU--BEGONE!! & A FINISH!!


Now that the flu has flown (for the most part!) 
I was able to bind my "Spider in the Jardin"--finally  my first finish for 2013!!  


I have been spending a few hours here and there ironing and sorting all my scraps into colorways...and in the evenings working on my "Pretty Pansies" table topper--it's about half done :

I love the fabrics:












Here:
 And here:


 

I am sorry to state that I had to give up on "Easy Street"--just TOO MANY PIECES--made me totally frustrated.  Perhaps it was the flu--as the design is really pretty.  But I have put it all away and am concentrating on finishing up my "Woven Wall Ladies"..

Expecting weekend guests and then MLK Day visit from my daughter and family, so the WWL work will wait until after.  

I am trying to spread out my quilting and re-think how I go about choosing projects....I do know that another hexagon project is in my thoughts and perhaps a "made-fabric" (a la Victoria Findlay) from my scraps....a lot of thinking going on here.... 

Until next time, I am a much better
 Julierose, La Blageuse

5 comments:

  1. Hi JulieRose! Your spider in the Jardin looks very interesting! Nice collection of color! Love your heap exiles of course...one can never get enough hexies if you ask me...glad you are feeling better! I was sick for 7 weeks with my cough and I am SSSOOO glad to have my energy back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you are feeling better! And, of course, you should put away Easy Street! It's supposed to be fun, no pressure! I love your spiderweb and your hexie pansies. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you're back and feeling better! Love your hexies! The Spider in the Jardin is gorgeous! You're lucky you already have a finish. Have been taking my daughter out clothes shopping for her student teaching which starts next week. I'll be happy when that's done! Hopefully, I'll be able to make some progress on my projects. Looking forward to your next project!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your hexagons and hope you go back to your Easy Street someday. Glad you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A girl after my own heart!!! hexagons and crazies.... oh yes.... let it flow :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.