About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Saturday, January 26, 2013

BLUES-EY RETURNS


I finally finsihed (!!), straightened and bordered "Blues-ey" this afternoon; I tried out about four different borders (ribbit, ribbit--bleh!!) . Decided that this one picked up the scrappy blue toile inside....this has turned out to be a LOT BIGGER than I had planned:  duh:  62" long by 50" wide....

Here are a few of those favorite old fabrics I used & the border:


I've had a lot of these scraps hanging around since the 70's!!























Don't you love that wild daisy?  And of course my music fabrics....


I am happy with my outcome--when I realized JUST HOW MANY PIECES I had to cut and sew, I never in the world figured I'd finish this...(welll, almost--the top is DONE).

NOW for the backing....(hmmm, I wonder how long that will take, hehehehe)
AND: TA-DA:
Here is my newest grand-doggie dozing on his Grandad's lap: She just loves him to pieces....

And with Miss Libby I will close for this time...
Au Revoir, from your (not singin' the blues) Julierose, La Blageuse :--}}}}

8 comments:

  1. Love this! I love blue and I just love toile! You had to cut an awful lot of pieces to make this one! Totally worth it! Love Miss Libby! Too precious! Hope you're feeling better and resting if you need to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on finishing the top! It looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your quilt top looks gorgeous, love the blues and toile fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I love this blue quilt! So cool that you kept old blues through the years and that they match with the new blues available today! I am so glad blue is back...there wasn't much available for a while there. You did an awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that is really beautiful! I love the combination of blues and taupe/tans. And the history and memories in all those pieces must be very special! You have inspired me to keep saving my fabric!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful and classic. Can't wait to see it finished and being loved and enjoyed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your scrappy blue quilt is fabulous. What memories all those fabrics must hold.

    ReplyDelete
  8. so so pretty! great job! love love love it.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.