About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Sunday, November 13, 2016

REMINISCENCE

 
                                      
MY NEW MIDORI COLLAGE BOOK

                               LOOKING BACK to move forward...

                     SONGS MY MOTHER USED TO SING TO ME --

The quote I used is from a D.H. Lawrence poem called

                         "The Piano"

"Softly, in the dusk,a woman is singing to me;
   Taking me back down the vista of years, til I see
    A child sitting under a piano, in the boom of the tingling strings
    And pressing the small, poised feet of a mother who smiles as she sings.
 Down in the flood of remembrance, I weep like a child for the past."

When I saw this poem it brought back those very things that I did as a child; 
and right there and then, I knew that I had to save this memory . I can 
still hear  my father playing the piano and my mother singing and me under the big black piano...I used to fall asleep listening to them...

I water colored this page and collaged atop of it...

it is still difficult for me to to "SEE" well as my poor brain is distressed with 20/20 vision in one eye and very poor vision in the other, so the doctor tells me...and so...
I'll have to re-glue the ends of those words when I can see better
 (sorry for the blurry photos).

This is not perfect.......just like life itself....
but it reflects my sentiments and the state of my vision 
both literally and figuratively...for now....especially as my Mom's vision really failed at the end....it's been 17 months now that she has gone....

For all of you who have sent good wishes--I have come through my surgery well; and I want to tell you all how grateful I am for your good wishes and prayers...
(the next eye is due to be done December 5th.) 
Thank you all
so much....
See you (better, I hope--no pun intended--after the Holidays)

Hugs all 'round, love you all....
Julierose, La blageuse ( the one-eyed lady for now...)

9 comments:

  1. So nice to have you back! I've missed you! Sounds like you're on the road to recovery. You have some lovely memories to think about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie it is so good to see your post!! I hope things settle down for you and then you can prepare yourself for the second operation in December. Thank you for sharing your memories and the lines from the poem, isn't it wonderful that we can set down our memories whether it be by words, paint, pencil or fabric. So happy that you were able to see enough to create your page of memories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am pleased to hear you are better though embarrassed to say I don't remember what your surgery was for.
    Isn't it a miracle what can be done with surgery these days! Especially with eye problems.
    Warm hugs as you recall your Mother.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So good to see you back. When do they do the other eye?

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely remembrance. Just think when both eyes are done it will be fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 20-20 Yay! The next one should be just that good.
    Love your book and the lovely page you shared.
    Hang in there. Have a lovely Thanksgiving.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely poem.

    Glad to hear your first eye went well, even if your brain is a bit confused. Best wishes for your second surgery in December!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wishing you a speedy recovery so that you can enjoy your hobbies to the fullest soon. hugs to you sweet friend

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.