About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Saturday, October 29, 2016

BLOG BREAK


          Here are the beginnings of my Christmas greeting cards this year...(sorry for the glare!!)

I have made 6 of them so far ; they will be mounted on cardstock and mailed out in lovely scalloped kraft envelopes....

(For those of you who have asked: Torn pieces of an old French Grammar, stamped with archival black ink for the backgounds; trees from a magazine; and then Heidi Shine gold spray....all affixed with matte medium).  I truly enjoy putting these together each year...

{Last year was the only one that I just wasn't in the mood after Mom passed--but this year I am feeling better }

I have moved Helga to her resting area until after my eye surgery is over;
hung up the front ofConnor's quilt along with the backing fabrics and border pieces
 in my closet ready to be re-started in January;
and will be taking a respite until my eyesight has been taken care of.
I have a lot of glare issues and at this point cannot seem to see much with or without my glasses....ugh!!

I begin my pre-surgery drops on Halloween (my hubster said "Too bad you didn't
 have the surgery that day--you could be a Pirate ---'aaaaargh!!' " --
 he is such a comedian LOL).

 I will go in on Thursday for the op.
At this point I am sick of waiting around....and getting eyestrain headaches...

So, I will be taking a bit of a respite from posting--just a few weeks....
just so you know., guys
..
hugs,
I appreciate all of your encouraging comments and lovely messages throughout this year...

Hugs,
Julierose, La Blageuse (impatient-euse!!)




19 comments:

  1. I hope all goes well Julierose ♥ Your cards are gorgeous, too - a real work of art :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the surgery Julie Rose & wishing you a speedy recovery :) Your Christmas cards are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no! I did not realize your eyes were giving you so much trouble. Hope you have a successful surgery and a very quick recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh we will be missing you! Here's hoping for a quick recuperation.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. All the best for your surgery. Hope you will be back soon with better vision than ever!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Best of luck with the surgery. Give yourself time to heal and enjoy the break. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. good luck my friend and a speedy recovery. your cards came out great.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tes cartes de Noël sont très belles !
    Prends bien soin de toi et je penserai à toi bien fort Julie ! Gros bisous

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have been on a blogging break so did not know about your eyes. I hope everything goes well and will be praying for your speedy recovery . Best of luck.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good luck sweetie, you will be surprised! Showed Missy the masses, she and I thank you so much . you are a blessing to us. Can't see for crying but hopefully this makes sence

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful cards. Best wishes for you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope everything goes great with your eye surgery! I am having my left eye cataract surgery on the 1st and started my drops yesterday. A whole month of eye appointments--what fun! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I will miss you! Good luck with your eye surgery! I'm sure it will be fine. Update us when you can! Speedy recovery!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good luck with your surgery sending hugs and prayers your way for a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Julie - wishing you all the very best for your surgery and you'll be back into blogging with a new spring in your step! Take Care.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'll be thinking of you on Thursday and sending all positive thoughts and prayers your way!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.