About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Friday, October 7, 2016

FRIDAY FROLICKING

                                   My Muse has okayed my new "relaxation" project.....;)))

I treated myself to a set of 72 Prismacolor pencils and have begun working in my trial coloring book...

Here is what I have accomplished so far--working on blending and shading before attempting
a more complicated book of drawings...(This one  is by Selina Fenech--"Enchanted --Magical Forest")--such a nice assemblage of drawings -- very mythical--
this one is entitled "Blodeuwedd"-- which I had to look up--it means literally "Flower Face"  and it comes from an old Welsh myth..
.
As a child I always loved to color and shade and outline....I never had any art classes when I was in school--jut not in the curriculum then; so I am doing a lot of YouTube video and UStream watching and gleaning what I can about how to learn about colors....
I LOVE color and want to know enough to begin to do some real watercoloring work.

These drawings are complicated--trying to figure out where the leaves end and the central Flower she sits on begin...

Above I have chosen 4 greens (dk,, med, light + olive), one Siena Brown and one purple-ey maroon.

I thought these leaves kind of resembled Coleuses...so--being "the boss" of my coloring book (LOL)
I am forging ahead with that idea in mind....
                                                                       SUCH FUN!!!! ;))))
On the quilt front...

I have finished all of Connor's blocks--they are pinned on my wall and I will start to sew rows together this weekend...

Tonight we will be meeting with two other couples for our yearly foray out to dinner where they specialize in a yearly October Fest menu..SO, no cooking tonight....
Hugs
Julierose La Blageuse (Prosit-euse)

9 comments:

  1. Very pretty. The nurse thought the ancient aunt should try coloring as a hobby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely coloring! It looks so nice and it's great to be relaxing too! Enjoy your dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aren't these colouring books fun! Mine is all about the Animal Kingdom and I love sitting and relaxing with this.
    Prismacolour pencils are wonderful, such a gorgeous range of colours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I might need one of your "muses" ;)! What fun to do something different and enjoyable but I guess you also need quite a bit of patience. I hope your October Fest was fun. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun--nothing like a nice big box of colored pencils! Your shading is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have always loved to color pages. lol now it is "fashionable" so I am good! hee hee looking good
    and very relaxing for us creative folk

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks like it would be very relaxing and fun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like fun ♥ Happy Tuesday ♥

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.