About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Saturday, October 15, 2016

RED RHYTHM PROGRESS


The top and the batting are now all "quilted-as-you-go"; 
I quilted only the neutral squares and left the red strips unquilted for now...
thinking that, when I finish the backing I will attach it by working across the reds...

It turned out a lot more graphic than I had envisioned, but I am liking it for
Connor...

Tomorrow we will be going to Fiona's FIFTH birthday party; how time does fly...

Thom made his Beef Barley soup today to bring along (yum!!);  
and Lin will be making her own chicken soup, roasting a turkey AND a ham for sandwiches...sounds delicious.  This will be the "family" party....

AND, of course,  the "piece de resistance" the CAKE. ;)))) 

Looking forward to doing some leaf peeping on our way up North, too....

hugs, from chilly CT,
Julierose, La Blageuse (excited-euse)

14 comments:

  1. Connor is going to LOVE this quilt. it is so nice. and Fiona 5 already? yep time does fly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love how your quilt turned out, perfect for a man or boy. Have fun tomorrow. Family parties are fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy sounding soups! I like the idea of yours to work on the red strips after attaching the backing, if there isn't something there to hold them down they'll lose shape when washed I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Connor's quilt has a plaid look to it... just right for a guy. Party sounds great. I love soup.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Striking quilt. You put it together so quickly! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ton quilt est magnifique JulieRose tu peux être très fière de toi et de ton travail !
    Passé un bon dimanche à fêter l'anniversaire de Fiona...
    Big hugs !

    ReplyDelete
  7. The perfect "male" quilt--great job!! Have a fun party day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This quilt turned out so awesome! I love the look of it! Hope you had a great time at the family party!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would like to see the back of the quilt and how you quilted it before putting the back on. Its very pretty just right for a little boy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like you will have a feast. I like the quilt a lot - it's very striking and great for a boy I think.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.