About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Wednesday, October 12, 2016

WHERE'S WALDO--WATERCOLOR STYLE

This afternoon.....

I picked out and water colored  all the Death cap mushrooms..using my own mixture of Cadmium Red and Payne's Gray to get this color...I tried out a color for the leaping bunnies--a bit too yellow-ey--so will try a new mix tomorrow..

I am reading about mixing colors to get the shades I want...this is all using a very small Koi Field Sketch set--the paints are not that good quality--but okay for learning and seeing if I like this and so far I do..I find it fascinating...

 {This drawing is from the coloring book  "Imagimorphia" by Kerby  Rosanes.}

It's kind of like finding Waldos......a very complicated drawing... with little mushrooms and leaves and plants hidden over and under those cute bunnies...such fun....and I love doing this...)

On  Connor's quilt scene..I got both long strips pin basted and ready 
for quilting...


There are two sections one with two rows (shown here) and the other with three rows...I will begin quilting on all the squares and not the strips....we'll see how that looks...

Hugs to all
Julierose, La Blageuse (water coloring-euse)


9 comments:

  1. Connor's quilt is looking good, and your colouring looks like a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colour you have on the Death Caps and you've made good progress with the quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are having fun with your coloring.

    I'm loving Connor's quilt, it will be done before you know it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks like a fun coloring project! I'm loving Connor's quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you are water coloring. I enjoyed that medium in college... (I had 3 little kids and was afraid they would mess up any oil painting I did).
    Connor's quilt is coming along nicely.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your water coloring is so pretty! You're coming right along with Connor's quilt. It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great coloring book. I really like your water color painting. Your quilt is so pretty. The variety of reds really offset those other fabrics beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Connor's quilt is fabulous and love your coloring page.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.