About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Sunday, October 23, 2016

MIXED MEDIA FUN

Here is my 3rd page using a mix of different types of media....
The black is acrylic paint; then i washed her head and dress with watered down lavender acrylic before  coloring the rest in with  all Prismacolor Premium pencil work;  the sparkle-ey parts are Liquid Pearls....

this is a practice page to try out how i like using a mix of acrylics, and colored pencils on top of acrylic washes.  the acrylic gives the paper more "tooth" i.e. it is rougher and so you don't see the white dotty surface showing through...

Here is a little closer view of how the Liquid Pearls sparkles up her headressing.....(It you look closely at the actual brown hair, you can see some of the white dots as i did not use a wash over this part...

I used many light layers of colored pencil to get these effects....this has taken me about a week and one-half off and on....

I am not that happy with Mr. Owl--i think he needs more colors feathered in--
so i may work on him a bit more...

So, this was my Slow Sunday work...
hugs, Julierose (La Blageuse-coloring-euse) 
(Picture from "Enchanted Forest" coloring book)

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful! You are one talented lady! Many talents!

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like fun. I too am playing with colors trying to figure out a bear border.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sooooo much more than coloring. Love the accents!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks wonderful! You're one talented artist! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love those sparkles in her hair. Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is gorgeous. Did you draw the picture too or was this from your coloring book you shared a couple of posts back?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow!! This is beautiful!! How fun to be working with different mediums.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great way to play around with different mediums - you are getting good at this.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How pretty... and I'm sure it must be relaxing!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.