About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Saturday, June 9, 2018

MORNING HAS BROKEN

                                                              EARLY SUNRISE

                       The first week of June: Temperature hexagons for June 1-6
                                                  62-64-57-51-52-56 degrees F
I will be calling this piece "Morning Has Broken" as I always record the temps when I get up in
the morning in my written journal.
(I know I said I would not start this project until the Solstice, but I couldn't wait to begin--
so June 1st it is!;}}} )

****************************************
And see what I found awaiting me in my front garden....

                                                                  MY FIRST PEONY
The fragrance is totally amazing...and she is sitting here in our living room..........

On my extra hexagon table topper... in that perfect -sized- for -one peony bloom  vase...
***********************
TODAY
I will be sitting out on our deck today working on this little piece
(since it is just too beautiful to be sitting inside machine sewing 4-patches)

                            Adding a few more hexettes to the ends and then adding borders....
                              it is so much easier to stitch these little
                                      baby hexettes during daylight hours in the outside bright light....

I wish you all a wonderful weekend...
P.S.  Joining in to slow sunday stitching working on making long rows to border my hexettes

hugs, Julierose La Blageuse (Exploring Hexagonia-euse)

23 comments:

  1. That peony is marvellous!

    Good on you for jumping into the weather quilt straight away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That peonie is so beautiful. I don't think I've ever seen or smelled one but now I hope I do! Enjoy your cool weather! we are way over a hundred most days now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that is H O T --today it got up to 78--but gray and cloudy as usual... hugs, Julierose

      Delete
  3. Such a pretty peony. Ours are still just buds.
    We are on a sunless day at 52 degrees, and windy, again. It rained a bit last night. Love your weather start.
    So tiny, the hexies you are working on now. Love the colors, too. Keep up the good work.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Terri--I have been pre-cutting them and using a glue pen to prep them--we'll see how hard it is to remove papers when you glue them...never done that before...hugs, Julierose

      Delete
  4. Beautiful sunrise picture! Such gorgeous flowers! Have fun working on your project in the fresh air. I'm stuck at work until 3:30.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rosemary..tomorrow is supposed to be gorgeous hope you can enjoy it...hugs, Julierose

      Delete
  5. Well, tomorrow is supposed to be even lovlier--so you'll be able to enjoy I hope...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I pushed a button and all my former comments went away--and states that the administrator removed them...i AM the Admin right? this stuff is getting so old...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't know whether to blame Blogger or MOI?? At any rate i DO want your comments guys...hugs Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful beautiful flower -- and I like your plan for the temperature quilt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much--we'll see how it goes...hugs, Julierose

      Delete
  9. Beautiful sunrise. Jackie and i
    Were in the screenroom enjoying the beautiful day yesterday. Truly was nice.your peony is beatiful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks dawn--and today it is freezing here...ugh hugs, Julierose

      Delete
  10. What a gorgeous peony and I LOVE your table runner! Enjoy the weather!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michele--love making things with leftover bits...hugs, Julierose

      Delete
  11. It seems the temperature quilt is the hit of the moment. Very interesting how you are doing yours.I was thinking about doing one also, but I am resisting with all my force. Your peony is so beautiful and your picture is breathtaking. Enjoy your time outside and happy stitching,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Ivani;))) Resistance is futile--at least for me, when I spy something cute!! hahaha hugs,Julierose

      Delete
  12. I think morning light is magic.
    Your hexagons look great.
    And peonies are fabulous, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Janie--I have about 6 more peonies outside bobbing in the cold wind this morning...they are just so lovely....hugs, Julierose

      Delete
  13. The weather quilt is off to a good start. And the peony is wonderful - one of my favourite flowers.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.