*********************************************
I've Begun quilting the side triangles on Pomegranates in the Rain.....
This is a really long term project....so....
"Hand, hand, fingers, thumb, dum-ditty-dum-ditty-dum-dum-dum": this is pertinent to my
hand problems and hand working these days--it keeps running through my head--Dr. Seuss reminding me to put my work down frequently and to rest....;))) (Ah yes, my 2nd childhood...)
**************************************************************
(Crooked photo--not hanging...;000) I truly enjoyed making this one a few years back--
Some piecing....on little telephone book squares of paper.....
with remnants of some favorite fabrics...
**************************************
AND above.....
The start of my 3rd liberated basket quilt....
*********************************************
AND.. is this not the saddest picture...???;000 Absent friend................
HELGA---where oh where have you gone?
Hugs, Julierose, La Blageuse (missing my machine-euse!!)
EDITED on June 30th--Dropping out of the temp project as the hexagon templates were not only difficult (if not impossible) to remove and tore when I tried to remove them,
and totally distorted the edges of the little hexagons and left
so much glue residue that the project is unsalvagable...Live and learn...I couldn't even try to iron them
as the threads on the raw edges raveled too....aaarrrggghhh...not good....
And so it goes.....
Seams like you have plenty to do while Helga is at the spa. Love your wall hanging! Such pretty colors.
ReplyDeleteHugs
Lots of wonderful projects going, my friend. It is good you have plenty of handwork to keep you busy while Helga is away.
ReplyDeleteIt looks like you are managing to stay busy while Helga is away!
ReplyDeleteI hope Helga will be back soon, ready to sew sew sew!
ReplyDeleteHi Julierose such beautiful work you do ,well done my friend xx
ReplyDeleteLove all your projects. Helga will be back soon. That basket is gorgeous!
ReplyDeleteSuch pretty hand stitching! I'll be thinking Dr Seuss all day.
ReplyDeleteEvery once in awhile I still read hands hands... to my grandson who is 14 and special needs. He has it memorized and gets so excited about the coming pages. Such fun. Of course, Dr Seuss is our favorite due to the silliness. Hope your machine is back soon. Those hexettes are so sweet.
ReplyDeleteI hope Helga is back soon! I love your projects! Your artistic flair is seen in all of them!
ReplyDeleteI once tried using glue basting on hexagons and didn't like it at all, iI had the same problem as you so I went with larger paper pieces and back to hand basting. It's good to see you're able to still do a little here and there on Pomegranates, I love this one.
ReplyDeleteLike your hexies. Grrr that sounds frustrating. Getting caught up reading. Te pomegranates is gorgeous. Love your baskets too, and the back of your Christmas quilt in the previous post.
ReplyDeleteWhat a shame about the hexagons - they look so lovely in the top picture. I like your dense quilting in the triangles of Pomegranates a lot.
ReplyDelete