Here reside: the tiniest little pieces of favorites from yesterday and today...
As you can see the pickings to make these Ojos are getting smaller and
the variety is getting low; but I am determined to "use them up".
And give me a lap quilt where i can wool-gather and look back; each fabric reminds me of my younger days...everything is so connected.............
Some Mom picked out and some my friend MaryAnn gave me (we used to
get together and trade 1/4-1/2 yds for variety.....
I have used the leftover sky fabrics deliberately through out this project
as it seems to bring back memories....now why and how do certain fabrics
do this? This is one of the things I love about using scraps and strings and
bits and bobs...;))) ๐๐๐๐๐
(singing "Sunrise, sunset, quickly go the days....")
Here
are
some
bits
and bobs
and cutoff
ends
for
the
corners....
I haven't as yet had to actually sew
some together to lengthen strips--but that is in my future....
and here is how the pink/blues look against my ISF and ISR darker
blocks.....I think it looks so much better than the long strips---
but I just ๐๐๐ those strips--they will be another project....probably a
coins type....
so many years collecting fabrics...and these are just pinks, wine shades,
and blues....and I have whole lot of stacks of uncut left......a whole
wealth of heart-rending fabrics...and even if some are more loved
than others--when you use cut-offs, they all merge into a new whole
heart......;)))
***********************************
And a TAH--DAH----here:
Yes, I finished Fiona's Sugar Plum Fairy Diamond Painting--
you cannot see the sparkle in this photo, but it just glimmers
and shines...
Both granddaughters play in their outside Fairy Garden a lot--so this will
be for those long winter "inside" days to remind them of Summer Days
to come...
I have set up and begun Willa's canvas....hers tends to use
lighter colors--more of a pastel re-creation....
I am really enjoying diamond painting...I find it so calming....
*****************************
Chilly as it is today, Big Thom will be bbq-ing cheeseburgers and I will
fry up (don't you just love fry-ups???) green peppers and onions
in x-tra virgin olive oil to top them.....
and we will simply have baked beans to go
with on nice Water rolls....(mouth watering here๐๐)....
Hugs from chilly CT,
Julierose, La Blageuse (Remembering times past-euse)





supper sounds great, the girls will love those sparkling beauties
ReplyDeleteOh, your string blocks are so pretty, Julierose! I love the pink, wine, and blue combination - will have to remember that! That is also what I love about scrap quilts - seeing favorite fabrics and remembering where they came from.
ReplyDeleteWhat a great project. Fabrics evoke such memories.
ReplyDeleteYes, good dinner!
ReplyDeleteAnd progress, I like the water color look the scrappiness gives in your string blocks.
Congratulations on your sparkly sugar plum fairy project.
The string blocks are looking beautiful.
ReplyDeleteThe girls will love their sparkly diamond fairies. Well I would have when I was a little girl, anyway!
I love your string blocks together, they look so great! It's going to be a fabulous quilt!
ReplyDeleteChilly there? We had 3 snow showers today, so far. Big flakes blowing in the wind. Put a smile on my face. None stayed.
ReplyDeleteLove the new quilt blocks. I thought the red ones were the best, but I'm really liking the pink, too.
Hugs
What a beautiful string project that is turning into! I like your fairies also..I've never heard of diamond painting until you started...I'll have to investigate. Have a good week!
ReplyDeleteDid you notice the pinks and wines are also in the diamond painting you just finished?
ReplyDeleteFiona will love her fairy. And yes fabrics do give us emotions and take us places and bring back memories. That is why scrap quilting is so popular.
Ojos are progressing nicely Jullierose, I spy a little piece of one of my favourite KF fabrics in the Sludge colourway! Bet Fiona was over the moon with Sugar Plum Fairy.
ReplyDeleteI love the way you describe the power of those scrappy pieces - I agree wholeheartedly. And woolgathering is a wonderful word!!
ReplyDeleteAwesome string quilt ❤️❤️
ReplyDeleteLove your strings. The diamond painting really turned out pretty. Do you think the diamonds have a REALLY durable bond? I guess you do because you made it. I worry about such things. It is a really beautiful picture, even though you can't see the bling in the picture.
ReplyDeletexx, Carol
(Your comments are not going to my mail, Carol )anyway..
DeleteI don't as yet know how strong the bond for the beads is--hoping very strong--but just in case I am framing them with glass...I have gone over them with a rolling pin (who knew?) to make sure they are set firmly and they seem ok....the canvas is super sticky...and the little drills are tiny...fingers crossed hugs and thanks for your comment Julierose
Your string quilt blocks are sooo classic. WHat a beauty it will be. The crossstitch, ugh, just cant imagine doing all those dark colors together, you must have great eyes! It's a beauty.
ReplyDeleteThe soft color scheme, both lights and darks, is very cozy. It makes me just want to cuddle in it. BTW,what is diamond Quilting?
ReplyDeleteHow beautiful - I do love quilts that tug at the heartstrings! Your granddaughters will love their diamond paintings!
ReplyDeleteI am really loving those strips! Your dinner sounds delish.
ReplyDeleteYour ojos are fabulous!
ReplyDeleteI love the fabric strips you're using. Your blocks are just beautiful! The diamond painting looks so intricate. So so pretty! I'm sure you enjoyed your dinner. It sounded so good!
ReplyDeleteI love quilts where I can pore over the fabrics and remember where they came from. Yours is going to be a treasure.
ReplyDelete