I've been hand quilting my Orange Slice
in the evenings while watching tv....
Slow and easy big stitching...
Here is my latest little piece for Angela's RSC 2020 (click to see
all the juicy goodness going on)
thanks for hosting
us all again this year, Angela...;)))
My latest little mini is all layered up and ready to quilt↡↡↡
More orange sweetness....;)))
************************
On the home front...Thom is a lot better this morning...I was able to see
the external stitches=20 of them...wowsers!! The swellings have also
abated a lot...Monday will be "take out stitches" day....[OUCH]
********************
Today I am making Thom's favorite Chicken and Rice casserole--
have to keep the spirits up, right??;
and we will be watching the first Red Sox pre-season game
to see who's left on the team this year!! 😕😞
(good-bye "Mookie" and "Brock" we hate to see you go....)
I love that baseball season is back as I do a lot of hand quilting
during the games...and relaxation is high on my list this week..
OMmmmmmmm
***************************
As far as my Orange shoebox of orange scraps--it's still pretty full...
I made a few coin strips and may try a stained glass mosaic piece
if i can get more time to sew this coming week...
Gosh--only ONE more Saturday left people!!
And we'll be saying "ta-ta" to the month of February....
And we still have not had any snow to amount to more than a little
spritz...strange, warm Winter here....
*********************************
In family notes:
Our grandson, Connor, the basketball honcho (lol) is in a
100-free-throw fundraiser this morning--We will be donating
$1.00/basket made--which doesn't sound like a lot--but then, you
don't know Connor hahaha...amazing shooter...what are we
thinking? 😰😱🙏
Too bad we can't be there, but my daughter
will let us know how he fares....
I hope you are all enjoying your weekend....
hugs, Julierose, La Blageuse (from no snowland-euse)


It looks like you are enjoying your ORANGE scraps this month! Best of luck to your wallet in the Free Throw Challenge. It's sounds like it may be empty (based on GS's skills!)
ReplyDeleteYes very strange winter indeed. Its almost like waiting for the ax to fall. Gonna be in 50s here today. Gotta get out my bikini ha ha
ReplyDeleteSorry to hear about hubby’s surgery-it sounds painful-but glad to hear he’s recovering well. Today is the opening of spring training here for 15 teams! Guess what? Pouring rain all day! So many people are disappointed. We only average 9 inches per year and we got a half inch just overnight already. Unbelievable weather will cause streets to flood. Crazy stuff. Hope you enjoy your weekend.
ReplyDeleteMary
Ah, sitting and stitching- so soothing. Sounds like you better start counting out your dollar bills!
ReplyDeleteLovely orange blocks, Love the fabric with oranges, the one with blue in it too
ReplyDeleteI love your orange mini, Julierose! The long strips between the smaller scrap blocks look like fun fabrics. I'm happy that baseball season is about ready to start, too. We enjoy the games even if our Colorado Rockies are never very good. ;( Sounds like Thom definitely deserves his favorite meal today!
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear Thom is on the mend. Our winter was quite mild in Ohio as well. I have always loved baseball in the spring even though our home team is the Cleveland Indians. Oh well...
ReplyDeleteGood luck to Conner in his free-throw fund raiser!
Lots of orange happening there. Glad to hear that hubs is improving. My hubby had that same surgery many years ago and you would not know now to see his nose.
ReplyDeleteGlad Thoms is doing better. Wow that is a lot of stitches. Great orange goodies going on. You my regret saying $1 per basket. LOL
ReplyDeleteNothing like slow handstitching for relaxing. Love the look of that mini.
ReplyDeletebaseball is a great sport to hand quilt to. I don't watch, but I can see how it would pair well. I'm a tennis watcher and that is really hard to stitch to.
ReplyDeleteenjoy your sunday and the Sun
So glad Thom is starting to feel better and you are still nursing him back to full health. That casserole sounds tasty. We have had a miserable rainy Winter here. I would rather just a little snow. I love all your orange fabric goodness. At least you will be a little poorer for a good cause that your grandson is participating in.
ReplyDeleteYour orange fun looks really good. It is too bad that the box doesn't seem to be emptying out. Have a great week, Nurse Julie!
ReplyDeleteGlad your DH is doing better. And, like you, I'm happy to see baseball again (Blue Jay fan!).
ReplyDeleteYour orange mini is definitely juicy! That's a heck of a lot of stitches your husband has had, he'll be pleased to get those removed.
ReplyDelete