This little star block is 4.5" -- and
I wanted to use that pretty gift fabric from
DAWN who is having a little SAL on her site...
go visit to see what it's all about....
You will see bits and scraps of that fabric throughout.....
;)))
thanks Dawn...
***********************************************************
Hourglass minis......plus the start
of a long coping strip of squares
and some squares within squares...
********************************************
OJOS Oranja
These incorporate the failed string tulip--I tried to make
I just cut 'er up and used the strings on these Ojos...
Sooo, I used scraps of scraps hahaha..
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Some Crumb blocks.....
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
A few bigger
blocks.......perhaps
for a center???
&&&&&&&&&&
↡↡↡↡
And larger squares within a squares......
And (phew) if you read this far--Congrats!!;)))
Here is my wall right now.....(sorry for the darkish photo--no sun AGAIN!!)
a total hodge-podge of blocks....
*******************************************
I have a few more crumb blocks started and a few more minis....
but for the most part
the scraps are diminishing rapidly....YES!!!
It is truly amazing how many
orange scraps I had on hand...
I had no idea....
The only other time
I used orange was in Steven's quilt...
which was a spider web orange...that I made 4 years ago--
this bag of scraps
hasn't been touched since then.
*****************************************************************
I have begun quilting my "H"Improv in the evenings while tv watching.
And my big "Orange Circle-ish" is ready to be quilted as a separate piece...
↟↟↟↟↟↟
A little tabletopper using up the rest of Dawn's fabric gift,
I will be linking up with Angela at Superscrappy along with all the other
February "oranger sewists" for Rainbow Scrap Challenge...[RSC] .
***********************************************************
Tomorrow we are having company so I am writing this Friday; we are experiencing
really heavy winds and hoping the power doesn't go off!!;0000
I hope your weekend will be a wonderful one....
Hugs, Julierose, La Blageuse (getting every drop of orange-juice-euse)









Love orange! If you run out of scraps never fear, we're all here to help you out, lol!
ReplyDeleteI think those oranges are beautiful - love orange.
ReplyDeleteHope you don't lose power!
ReplyDeleteLove all your orange creations.
Great orange projects. All those HST I see mke me smile.
ReplyDeleteso much orange fun! love the square in a square
ReplyDeleteYummy oranges. You have been working hard.
ReplyDeleteI'm not a fan of orange but I love what you are doing. I'm starting to like orange. Hugs
ReplyDeleteYou kept your sewing machine busy. Lovely blocks all around. Enjoy the company. ;^)
ReplyDeleteSometimes having a hodgepodge of blocks can be great. Yours looks terrific! Crossing my fingers that your power stays on!
ReplyDeleteSuch a variety of great orange blocks! And since we've had wind and rain all week, I hope your power has stayed on, too. (ours went on and off four different days - I'm tired of resetting the clocks!)
ReplyDeleteKudos to you for using your oranges - but even more for the sizes of those itty bitty pieces!!
ReplyDeleteYou're making me like orange! I'm usually not crazy about it but your blocks are so pretty that I can't help it!
ReplyDeleteSo many fun orange slices! It's always amazing how many scrappy bits and pieces show up when you least expect it! :)
ReplyDeleteThe Block is 4.5 inches???? Oh my goodness. I am impressed.
ReplyDeleteAll of your color combos with the orange are so cool. Mary
Love all your orange projects. Fun fun and yes that fabric goes perfectly with them.
ReplyDeleteSo many orange projects. You did really well with your scraps. Love the table topper.
ReplyDeleteThese are all beautiful. I love orange.
ReplyDeletelizzy
What a lovely display of orange loveliness. You did find a lot of variety lurking in there.
ReplyDeleteI wish I had as many orange fabrics becausevi am so inspired by all your great orange projects.
ReplyDeleteSuch beautiful shades of orange and you've used them in so many different blocks. Thought-provoking. Thanks.
ReplyDeleteI love the RSC orange month because I get to see all kinds of pretties like yours! I adore that itty bitty Ohio star!
ReplyDeleteWow - such a lot of different oranges here, and I like your choice of blocks.
ReplyDeleteA lot of pretty orange blocks here! Sun is shining ;)
ReplyDeleteWhat a lot of yummy orange slices. I think my fav is the little Ohio Star. And next fav are the Ojos...scraps of scraps...way to go!
ReplyDeleteWow! You certainly have a lot of orange bits happening at your place. They all look wonderful! The table topper is really pretty and will be a wonderful reminder of Karen's friendship.
ReplyDeleteWow!! Look at you go with those ORANGE scraps!!!
ReplyDelete