This:
Does
not
go with:↡↡↡↡
This......;0000!!!!
My color choices just didn't make it.....way too dark for my liking....
But I got some good buttonhole stitch applique practice....and reversing templates,
as a few of these needed to be reversed-- (ask me, go ahead, how I found that out!!)
And I learned that I am not overly fond of having to keep on changing
threads and bobbins....;000
So,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
I think I will put some borders on Santa and then back it with Angel.......
And call it a practice run.....
********************************AND.......
On the Orange Front:
I hand stitched the whole center during the Red Sox game (they won-- yay)
and
today, I will while away the afternoon finishing the blades...I just love Dresden
Plates...
this one is Improv, free form and "almost" a circle ;))) such fun...
I think I will be making an Improv Dresden in each color for RSC--if my
scraps allow--I may even have to make a tiny one...;)))
*******************************************
I hope your Sunday is as pretty a day as ours is--sun shining--a bit nippy;
but the wind is dying down so .............
not at all bad out there....
hugs, Julierose, La blageuse (rooting-for-the-home-team-euse)




That is such a darling Christmas quilt...very fun! Love that orange!
ReplyDeleteTwo very sweet little holiday table toppers or wall hangings! They don't have to go together, they're unique.
ReplyDeleteWell like Barb - you guys are over my head. I love your work though. What is wrong with the Santa and Angel - do they have to go together?
ReplyDeleteI like them.
Two cute pieces. Quick work there
ReplyDeleteRe the changing threads thing - have you tried using clear thread in the top and a neutral in the bobbin? That way you're not constantly having to change.
ReplyDeleteIt was actually warm here today! Love the angel and the santa! The orange dresden is striking!
ReplyDeleteI like your Santa and angel, and your hand quilting on the Dresden is coming along quickly.
ReplyDeleteI like Santa. If he is small enough, why don't you make him into a pillow by himself and then make a banner or small wall-hanging out of the angel. They are both very pretty. So glad that you got so much stitched while watching the game.
ReplyDeleteI like it. These are so sweet.
ReplyDeleteI think Santa and the Angel would have worked beautifully together, but separate is nice too. That orange is a delight!
ReplyDeletelizzy
Clever idea to quilt them back to back if you don't want to gift them to different people. Anything to move our ideas along.
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry your husband had to have surgery. It's awful when it's on the face and especially around the nose. I hope he's doing better.
ReplyDeleteYour two winter blocks look warm and inviting to me. And your orange dresden -- wow, knock your socks off bright and beautiful!