About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Saturday, October 10, 2020

QUIET SATURDAY

 
I finally cut down my floppy headed
hydrangea blooms today;
and  then
tied them up and 
hung them up to dry
in my garage--
 by the attic stairs...

{Thanks Wanda for the drying tip;))).
Wanda blogs at 
"Exuberantcolor.blogspot.com"--
still cannot get 
linky to work right}

Anyway, I hope to be able to use 
them in winter decorations.

As a side note, I caught a group of 5 deer beginning to 
munch around the fallen-over mopheads
late yesterday afternoon; 
and I shooed them away
amidst much of their snorting and 
their looking at me as if
I were a crazy lady!! 

So, I decided it was time to cut them
 or have them eaten up!!


they are just so lush 
this year...

So, these will NOT be:
 
DESSERT

FOR

DEER!!!
 ;000
*************************
I ordered my "Hobonichi Techo Weeks"
Planner for 2021 today;
I am still using up the 
extra plain pages in my 
2019 one; they should last
me until January...

I have been a journaler 
since I was old enough
to write, I think; and
I have many notebooks, journals and altered 
books that I will use off and on as the
spirit moves me...



This little 7 & 1/4" x 3.5" 
hard back book
is perfect for on-the-go
entries...
It fits easily in my pocketbook...
and
I LOVE 
their  Tomoe River paper..

I was able to order it on Amazon--
my go-to place since Covid 
descended upon us..

[NB: I am Not affiliated with Amazon
or Hobonichi in anyway]

here is the Jane Davenport 
traveler's notebook cover I use..
isn't she pretty???

*********************************
Enjoy your Saturday

It was warm enough to sit out a bit here;
in the Low 70's--
Probably the last of the deck-sitting days....;000

Hugs, Julierose, La Blageuse 
(still resting-euse)





7 comments:

  1. I'm glad you could rescue some of those lovely hydrangea heads!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, you took on the deer and won! Your hydrangeas should be lovely when dried. If you want to enjoy some sooner, you can cut more and just put them in a vase [opaque bec the water gets ugly]; not too much water...just let the water evaporate and they will slowly dry in place.

    Your journals are lovely> I too have journaled since childhood, but since I write my blog these past 11 years I only maintain my nature journal, and a new one this year, a quilting journal.
    We sat out too---tomorrow should be even nicer?

    love

    lizzy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Be careful of those deer. Snorting and stomping signals danger and they could charge if they feel threatened. Those hydrangea are so beautiful. Drying upside down is good way to preserve them

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess I have journaled since 1967 although I don't think of keeping a diary as being a journal per se. To me journals are illustrated whereas mine started out as one of those 5 year diaries that teenage girls had back in the day. Your hydrangeas look lovely and I'm so glad you were able to rescue them from the deer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My mother loved hydrangeas. And they're gorgeous dried.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty flowers and journal cover. I used to journal all the time, but now I just jot down a few sentences in a 5 year diary. I just got a dot journal so I will see how I can use it.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.