About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Saturday, January 15, 2022

WINTER KNITTING, et al

 
Le Sock No. 1  c'est tout fini !!
;D
(DH is in the process of cleaning
 out under the tv in
 the background--
he is a gem!! πŸ’“)

AND
↓↓↓

Here is the start of the
2nd sock...

Someone asked what yarn I
was using
↡↡↡↡
Very soft and cuddly yarn
really easy to knit and 
it doesn't split on you...

I had gotten this quite
a while ago and I 
don't know if it is still
available. 

I have two more balls of the same
yarn but in a different colorway
that I plan to  knit up next...
πŸ‘΅πŸ‘
***********************
Knitting has kept my hands 
busy these "resting" days.

For those of you who have
asked:

My MRI results showed
a herniated disc that is
causing my sciatica...
So...
Next up will be an
epidural 
(to be scheduled,
soon I hope).

I hope this will allow me
to get back to walking
without pain.
πŸ™πŸ™†
*********************
Tom is making beef barley soup
for our dinner tonight;
I will make a tossed 
salad to accompany it...
I am trying to eat lightly as
I have been so sedentary...

I hope this finds you all healthy
and able to sew away...

I am off to ice my back and
do some light stretches...

Hugs, Julierose,
La blageuse
(getting-impatient-euse!)



17 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear you have been having a hard time with your back. I hope something can be done to help. Beautiful sock! Don’t you just love that self patterning yarn?

    ReplyDelete
  2. A herniated disc must be disappointing news but, on the other hand, at least now you know and maybe they can do something to get rid of the pain! I'm so sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty sock. Pretty yarn. Glad they now know what the problem is and hopefully can fix

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your sock is so pretty. Soft socks are wonderful to wear. I hope you are able to get the epidural soon and that it brings you relief. Happy knitting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is lovely yarn. I'm so glad you can knit. It must be so satisfying. My husband has chronic back pain - no fun at all. Best of luck with the epidural.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh a herniated disc. My youngest daughter has several. What a pretty sock, and pretty yarn. Good to know there is a diagnosis and hopefully they can find a remedy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ouch for the sciatica. It sounds extremely painful. Hopefully now that it is known what is the cause the treatment will have you walking without pain. As for "Le Sock"....so pretty. Love that yarn; such pretty colours.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good to know what you are dealing with. Take care and best wishes for treatment with good results. (pretty yarn)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have two herniated discs, so I know your pain. Epidurals and physical therapy definitely helped. I wish you a pain free future. I have experienced sciatica in the past, but not with the herniated discs. I love the sock!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute sock!

    I hope knowing what is causing the pain will lead to effective treatments for you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Best wishes for a speedy recovery now that they've identified the problem. I wish I could knit socks.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So sorry about the disc problem, but at least you know now what's causing all the pain. Hopefully the treatment will happen soon.
    And thank you for sharing the sock yarn identification - it's lovely and does indeed look very soft.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The yarn knits up beautifully! I must focus more on my knitting as you have done.
    I hope you feel better soon.

    love

    lizzy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hope they can do something for your back. Hubby has one in his neck that makes his arm dead sometimes so he goes to Dr. Jeff our chiropractor.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your socks are just great! Pretty yarn, and soft is good for socks. Glad you have some information about what is causing your pain, and a plan to help alleviate it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. First sock is lovely! Hope you aren't afflicted with "second sock syndrome"! Good news re: MRI & epidural; sending healing vibes your way.

    ReplyDelete
  17. The socks are coming out great. Mine is taking a long time to knit! I hope the epidural gives you some relief.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.