About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Wednesday, January 19, 2022

MY LITTLE BOX

 
My Little Box
is
set up
for hand sewing 👋

The lowest layer 
contains tools
A Needle Threader
has become 
ESSENTIAL
these days!!

And
this is the top = Working
Layer...

Voila!!
As you can now see...
I am once again
Traveling to
 
H E X A G O N I A.

Allows me to pass
these resting hours...

And Below is the 2nd layer
with the hexies sewn on papers...
they are mounting up 
pretty quickly...

I am using the
"KISMET"
fabric line for all the
hexagons. 
I 💝this line. 

I have yet to decide
what form the finished
piece will take...

For right now,,,,
just sewing, sewing
and more sewing...

I like these big wheels☝
of hexies 

And👇
this idea, too...
But we shall see 
*****************
I am still waiting on the "call"
from the MD...
So I  am trying to pass 
the time.
Reading, and re-reading books,
knitting
and now sewing
hexagons...

Hugs, Julierose
La Blageuse
(in-waiting-mode)
















21 comments:

  1. The Kismet fabric is very lovey. It's going to make some beautiful rosettes. I'm glad to see you can do some stitching. What a convenient little box to have close-by while you sew. I spend most afternoons quilting on my Cheddarback quilt. I'm about 1/2 done but there's only one way to finish and that's to keep keeping on. Have a very pleasant day~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have to hate those 'hurry up and wait' things that pertain to medical procedures - even worse in these days of the pandemic. I hope you soon get your procedure. In the meantime, playing with hexxies is a great way to pass the time. (as for needle threaders - I do really hate those thing. Why do they make them so flimsy? I need to buy them by the case I think because I can wreck them in mere minutes).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Waiting is the worst part -- happy stitching (I love your little box).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your box is beautifully organized. I love the quilted medallions. It will be fun to see it finished. I hope you get your call soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have some good projects for the waiting time. I am seeing a few of you start hexagon EPP's... I am trying so hard not to start a new hand work project until I get mine into a top...but it is difficult. Hope you hear soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You can enjoy the fabric first as you prepare the hexies and then enjoy each motif you assemble. It looks like a perfect project as you wait. I love that Kismet fabric too. I might have bought a little of it......

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's nice to have an interesting project to work in while you wait, and wait. Hope you get your call soon. Meantime, stay warm, and as comfy as you can, stitching quietly away. I'm sure you are being well looked after by hubby.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty and very productive, Julie. I have to be sure that the wheels of hexies will connect properly without holes (=missing hexies).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like a good set-up for a bit of hexie stitching while waiting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is always a most joyful time when one visits the land of "Hexagonia"! It is my favourite place to be. Such a fabulous box to store everything you need for hand sewing. Hoping 'the call' comes very soon♡

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like a good plan for waiting. I like the look of hexies. Doing them not so much. I have no patience and the Ole eyes don't help either lol

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your little box! It's all you need right where you need it. I hope you hear soon!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really like our stitching box, Julierose! It looks so handy for keeping all yor supplies in. And it must keep them all neatly together (rather than in a bit of a mess as you would see by my chair!)

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a neat little box and so organized. What pretty fabric for your hexies.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your organization! It's nice that you have hobbies to enjoy while waiting...for anything. Hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete
  16. handy little containers....i keep my thread in one...machine on top hand quilting on bottom...

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love seeing how other people organize their sewing. You have a great system and a pretty project going. I hope you get your call soon.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Enjoy your time in Hexagonia. I love the imagery in that word.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Saw you post on Spiral and I came to check out your blog. Read that you are waiting on an epidural. I had one just before Christmas and it helped me tremendously. I couldn't get through a day without pain meds. Since the injection, I haven't had any meds. Pray you get yours soon. Patty McDonald

    ReplyDelete
  20. You have a good plan to pass your waiting time - I hope you don't have to wait for too much longer.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.