I will be working on sewing
these blocks together;
I have decided no sashing,
just
block to block.
***************************
Also this week,
I tried improving a 6.5"
Maple Leaf block using
leftover mini charms and
leftover chunks....
↧↧↧↧
This leaf must be ready to
fall off the tree (ya think?)as one
of its leaves has been eaten
away by: maybe....
A squirrel??
ππ
And I see that the stem
has been also gnawed on..
(πΎπΎ)
I used this chart:
[But, uhhh, somehow still messed it up]
I am planning on making more
6.5" or 12.5" blocks
while
trying to work through some of
my piecing issues...so I am
not going to "correct" this
block but rather leave it to show
where I am right now...
******************************************
I found this old watercolor painting
that I made a few years ago...
"My Dancing Piano"
I had such fun working on
this one, despite my meager
drawing abilities...
ππΉπΌ
************************
I am generally feeling better
this week; so I am trying to
get in a short walk a couple
times a day...
Yesterday, I got quite a long
workout at my
π doctor's office which
is quite spread out!!
That's where I am
this week...
π
Hugs, on this sunny day
πΈππ
Julierose, La Blageuse
(still-sewing-euse)
I adore your piano! And both the quilts, too! Glad that you are feeling better!
ReplyDeleteI think you're right to leave off sashing - it looks good the way it is.
ReplyDeleteThe maple leaf made me smile and made me think of the old adage that only God makes things that are perfect.
What a great color for a maple leaf. Yes, the color makes it look like it's ready to fall and that little small section is already starting to dry up. So cute. I recently finished quilting a small maple leaf wall hanging. I don't think I showed it on my blog yet. Your watercolor is fascinating. So much movement - dancing along to the music being played.
ReplyDeleteLove your piano! I've had to make over a few of my blocks. I think I don't always pay attention! I do just leave them sometimes. I feel it adds variety! So glad you're doing better!
ReplyDeleteYour quilt blocks look amazing. Can not wait to see them all pieced together and I just adore your maple leaf block . It is fun and lol giving it a story with the squirrel tickled me ( I love squirrels) . Wow on the watercolor- Stunning. Have a great weekend and happy quilting.
ReplyDeleteI like the blocks without sashing too.
ReplyDeleteYour piano is AWESOME! I love your maple leaf and the Curling quilt is beautiful and fun. Just like you
ReplyDeleteI love your piano - it is having a grand time! The curling blocks are great. So glad you are able to move more. Take care.
ReplyDeleteCurling is looking fabulous. The maple leaf reminds me of the leaves hanging on til the end of winter, they just die on the tree, but are these gorgeous rich browns. Cute piano painting. You are so talented.
ReplyDelete