About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Monday, February 28, 2022

FEBRUARY FINISH--SOCKS, et al

 

I finally finished my 2nd sock
this morning...
👏👏👏
😁😁
they are SO SOFT 
and ROOMY.
💃
I purposely made them
in a larger than usual size
so that my sore foot
could have plenty of room...
with a long 
slouchey cuff to keep
my sore ankle warmed...
Ahhhhh
comfort
😇😊😍
********************
And here are all my
Olympic Curling blocks
ready to be sewn together;
I have cut back to 15 minute
stints at the machine...

so these will take a while
to trim up so that they
are all the same size.

Sewing all those circles on
the 10" background squares
has made a few of them a
bit smaller....

That's it 
from
 Our House on the Hill
on this
last day
 of
FEBRUARY
💖💝💘

Hugs, Julierose
La blageuse
(keeping-those-tootsies-warm-euse)


17 comments:

  1. Your socks are just wonderful, Julierose! I like my socks loose, too - even without a sore foot or ankle. The curling blocks are so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such pretty socks! I have knitted cables and lace but have never knitted socks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the socks! Warm and toasty is good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely pair of socks, Julierose. I hope you are feeling better. Smart to break up the sewing into short spurts...it will get done :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on finishing your socks, quite an achievement as you hadn't knitted any socks for some time. If you are anything like me, you will be planning to knit a second pair soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your socks. They look so comfortable. My sit down bones are starting to ache. This getting older thing is annoying. Just when we have all kinds of time to do things - our bodies seize up and keep us from doing them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE your slouchy and colourful socks! They looks so comfy and warm. Your Olympic Curling blocks are looking great. How fabulous they look all reading to be joined together.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Socks and Curling Quilt are both fabulous! I want to start both! NOT letting myself start a new knitting project tho til Mo's sweater is done. I found this yarn, btw. love, lizzy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your socks came out great! They look very warm! Nice to see your progress on Olympic Curling Blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm a sock girl, but I don't knit (socks, anyway). Yours look wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. what pretty socks - we need that right now in CT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your sock look wonderful! Love your 'curling' blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pretty socks and nice quilt too. Looks comfy at your place. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your socks are the prettiest ever. Just divine!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yay for soft and comfy socks (and finished socks!)! They look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm sure you will still have some cold weather ahead to enjoy wearing your gorgeous new socks.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.