About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Tuesday, February 15, 2022

OLYMPIC CURLING 2022

 

We have become enthusiasts
of Olympic Curling...
[This is the American Team]↖↖↖

Throwing...

Just fascinating....

Here is the 
House



And so
Using this as my
inspiration for
a new quilt project...

I started this:
↓↓↓
AT THIS STAGE IT IS THE 
"Bull's Eye" Block

But
I will add the final little
circle to mimic
the "Home" in curling...
👵😊😍
What fun!!!
Stay tuned..

Hugs Julierose
La Blageuse
(watching-Olympics-euse










14 comments:

  1. With you there, Julie. We're still a little unclear on the scoring, but it is definitely mesmerizing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that scoring is difficult--but love watching it!!

      Delete
  2. Great inspiration for a quilt project!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Choosing the fabrics is challenging as only the outer rims show up except for the last one!!

      Delete
  3. None of your comments are going to my gmail--anyone know why??? thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun idea. Have you seen the groundhog curling video?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this idea! So great to use the Olympics Curling team as inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool quilt. We get inspired by many things don't we

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE curling and that it inspired your project :). And some of the names, oh my: hog line, button, house, guards, draw weight and hammer. And the sprinkler to get the pebbly finish on the ice, just fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wish I understood curling better. I've never been able to wrap my head around all the shouting that goes on throughout. Guess I should watch it without sound. Good idea for a quilt though!
    No idea about why the comments not going to email - mine stopped too, but after I've approved them they show up in email. Weird!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have become intrigued by curling, too, though I don't understand all the rules. I love that you are using it for inspiration for your quilt!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.