About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Wednesday, February 16, 2022

CURLING PROGRESS

Here are the first four
"E N D S "
{Like innings in baseball}

I plan to make 9 Ends
and since each game consists
of 10 Ends
The whole quilt put together
will be the tenth:)))
(clever, no?? hahaha)

My next step is to cut each of these blocks
into quadrants and sew them mixed up...
V E R Y  S C R A P P Y
(which makes me happy😁)

I found the pattern in this book:

And followed their
instructions..
(Click to enlarge)
.
There are a lot of neat
projects in here
including, but not limited to,
small ones.
*****************************
[Nann, here is what I've decided to
do with a lot of those 2.5 inch sqs]
↡↡↡↡
Just pulling all the blues for now.
{"Winter Blues"}

**************************
 A little "pick-me- up"
from my Sweet Baboo
yesterday:
👫💝
I love those pink roses and
the carnations...
SO PRETTY!!

*********************
Time to sit and rest now...perhaps
knit a couple rows on
the " takes forever" sock--
👻
Hugs,
Julierose,
La Blageuse
(Happy-to-be-sewing-euse)













14 comments:

  1. The ENDS blocks cut and then placed into quadrants will make an interesting quilt. I like what you decided to do with the sliced (?) squares.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the concentric circles, of course I like anything circular. This is going to be fun. I haven't been watching the Olympics like I usually do so I haven't kept up with the curling. I went and watched the Warped Spinster. It was interesting to watch her work. She seems to create at random while she's being recorded. Much braver than me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This just goes to show that inspiration can come from almost anywhere! Your "ends" are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember that quilt from the Aunt Amy book. I made one many years ago. How fun to relate it to curling.
    I love pink roses too...so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i posted my bullseye quilt recently on IG. It is such a great quilt.
    I love watching curling
    pretty flowers

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another blog friend of mine made the bullseye quilt and I have always loved it. It looks so fun.

    Sweet flowers! That man is a keeper for sure.

    I m so glad you feel a bit better.

    love
    lizzy

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's such a great quilt! Still remains one of my favorites from that book.:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the flowers in a vase. Beautiful for February.
    I like your curling references. Bull's Eye blocks are gorgeous and how nice to use those pretty florals too. Happy Weekend to you Julierose!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So clever! I love your quilt and how it relates to the Olympics Curling team. Beautiful flowers too! Hope you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The flowers are a beautiful little promise of spring for you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Now, just be sure you aren't over-doing with your sewing! You don't want a setback. I like your curling design and now am wondering how it will look in the next step.
    Your flowers are beautiful and such a pick me up in the February doldrums.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Late to comment -- good start on those squares! The curling blocks are fun.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.