About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Saturday, February 19, 2022

OLYMPIC CURLING-- IN 30, et al

 
Phase Three for
Olympic Curling blocks

The interesting and challenging
thing is that the "CENTER" of 
these fabrics 
Will Not Show
when the next layer is laid
on over these--
just the edges...
Very counter-intuitive as
I am using (cut from file folders) 
circle templates...
then the following and 
LAST little circle
does show but also
gets cut when you
quarter these blocks
as below
πŸ‘€↡↡↡
[click to see what I mean]
********************
I set my timer for 30 minutes
and stopped!!

THAT IS MY OUTER LIMIT!

This included finding and 
cutting fabrics for this round..
*************************

WINTER BLUES
progress
[using up 2.5" sqs]
πŸ˜‡πŸ˜‡πŸ˜‡

I have four of six done...
{These blues are Willa's favorite color}
AND
I looked through my precuts
{charms and mini charms}
for purples (Fiona's fave color)

These groups of 6
will form the centers of 
Easter Dolly quilts for
my grandgirls...

AND
I think I have some cute
Easter egg fabric
πŸ‘€πŸ‘€πŸ‘€
(somewhere!!)
 to surround them...

I haven't decided if they
 should be sashed;
but I am leaning
toward doing that...

[Also my good friend
 Lizzy at (click)
sent me the cutest bunny pattern
that I could either stitch or applique
for the other sides...
That is the plan so far....]

***************************
FYI: I had a good report from my
ORTHO MD--
he was pleased
{and so am I}

So far, so good after
only 10 days since my epi!!
I am getting more pain free
hours and am able to
sleep better...
✌πŸ‘πŸ‘
That is the status right now...
Tonight for dinner it will be char-broiled
cheese burgers with 
tater tots
😻😸
πŸ™‹
hugs, Julierose
La blageuse
(making-progress-euse)












8 comments:

  1. I'm glad to see you playing with fabric again even if it is only for 30 minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so exciting that the epidural is working! Good on you for sticking to 30 minutes. That still gives you fun and sewing progress while being careful! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good news from dr!!!!! the girls quilts sound fun. Easter will be here before we know it

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I had no idea these would be cut into quarters. Very interesting. So glad you are feeling well. Also the team from my home province, Newfoundland, won Bronze at the Olympics in curling. Very happy for them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is going to be just fabulous when you're done. And three cheers on the good report -- and better sleeping, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. 30 minutes is great! Slow and steady progress is a good thing. I'm happy that you got a good report from the specialist - yay on all fronts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The curling blocks - such a cute idea! Looking forward to seeing these progress.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad you're feeling better. Love your curling project!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.