About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Saturday, February 26, 2022

HEXAGONIA HAND SEWING , et al

 
I laid out my first "Kismet"
hexagon rosette 
this morning.
I really love these fabrics...
💖💓

I will be resting and 
hand sewing on
this project 
this  
weekend...
**************************
My "Olympic Curling"
blocks are sewn 
together and re-assembled
into squares...
↧↧↧↧
Now I need to decide just how
I will sew them together...
With or without sashing?

******************************
And here are just a few
crumb blocks 
I made for fun
intended 
for a future project...
↡↡↡↡
I really enjoy making these
despite the total mess
they make of my sewing side
table...;0000

I discovered that these are about all of
the usable scrap reds I actually
have--red and purple are my
smallest color scrap bags...

I would much rather have a 
slew of crumb blocks than
just a bag of scrappy 
pieces.  

*************************
I actually think I overdid 
sitting at my machine
this week and I am now
paying the price...
😢😬
I will have to just 
"STAY DOWN" 
for this weekend!!

And not even 
VENTURE
into my room--
;)))))(((((

******************************
I will be hand sewing my 
hexagons and reading;
while my Sweet Baboo
will be making his 
Spaghetti sauce 
for our dinner.  
👴💏

Hugs, Julierose
La blageuse
(stitching-in-hexagonia)











15 comments:

  1. It's so hard to sit still when there are so many fun things to sew. I'm glad you can find some "hold-still" projects to work on. I love the duck fabric in the background of some of your curling blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hexagon flower is going to be so pretty, Julierose! I love the curling blocks, too - what a great design. I'm sorry the sewing machine time caused you trouble, though - it's good to have hand sewing for those downtimes, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that Kismet line of fabric. I had to buy a few pieces too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh oh - you've overdone it and now you are forced to be a good girl! It's hard to know our limitations and stick to them, particularly when we're having fun. I like your Olympic project but don't know whether sashing is the way to go or not. I guess you'll have to do the old 'trial and error' routine so you can decide.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh dear, I'm afraid it's quite easy to overdo things when we shouldn't. Hope you rest up nicely and feel better again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your crumb project. Be patient and careful girl. Rest

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, yes, the hexagon fabrics are gorgeous. Are they Liberty of London fabrics?
    I hope resting helps and you're back to better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think you overdid it because you're working on such great projects! I hope you rest and feel better soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope you have a nice weekend of quiet stitching and someone doing all the cooking for you. Love your hexies! Olympic curling is looking great.

    ReplyDelete
  10. For your curling dilemma - how is the ice marked for their playing field? Maybe that would yield a suggestion. Otherwise I would go with something narrow, possibly even another low volume, just to give it some breathing space without taking away from the circles.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I do love hexies! That's quite an accomplishment using up your red scrap stash!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow Julierose, you're certainly speeding along with your beautiful projects but do take things easy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The hexies are very pretty and the Curling quilt blocks look nice as well. Do you use paper when piecing your crumb blocks?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your first Kismet block is lovely! Seeing your hexies makes me want to go pull fabric and start stitching my own! The Curling blocks look great, too...maybe some red sashing or cornerstones?

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your crow block. I love anything with a crow on it. Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.