About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Monday, May 30, 2022

JOURNEYING

 
TAW next block set up
to be sewn...

*Note later:
 A friend made me realize that this pattern
is "MANY Trips Around the Word" and 
not just "Trip Around the World" ! 
Sorry--thanks Lizzy ;)))

*****************
And...
Here is my special morning latte:

Soooo good!!

**************************
My handwork journey continues
in Hexagonia;)))
↡↡↡
HEAXAGONIA
Kismet fabric rosettes
are piling up; 

 And

Here is the reverse below;
 I have taken out the papers 
except for the last row--

 upon which I keep papers 
until 
they are sewn together..

I even like how the 
backs look
;)))

*******************
And "Blue Flags
are blooming
in our garden,
for all of our
brave fallen soldiers
this
MEMORIAL DAY
๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’Ÿ


Lest We Forget....

****************************
Hugs to you all
Julierose, La Blageuse
(traveling-while-remembering-euse)







17 comments:

  1. "When my life is through, and the Angels ask me to recall
    The thrill of it all, I will tell them, I remember you"....
    --Victor Schertzinger--

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great progress. Our iris are well past blooming.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All beautiful, Julierose. I do love those hexagons!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both of your projects look great. I'm glad you can do some machine sewing again. Hope you are having great weather today; it's 83 here and sunny, low humidity

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never knew TAW quilts were pieced in blocks~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope my *note added above* clears this up Lizzy ;)))

    ReplyDelete
  7. I often read that hexies are addictive, and so it seems with you too. I've never tried them so I dont know. I love irises and yours look so pretty. We got a corm or two some years ago from a friend who has passed away, so they are doubly precious. Just solved a mystery, I noticed you live in CT, had no idea what that meant. But clever old Mr Google told me you live in Connecticut so know I know!

    ReplyDelete
  8. mmmm - that latte looks tasty! I discovered the joys of those on our trip out west and now am working to perfect the technique for ourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The backs of your hexie flowers are sure neater than mine! Do you trim the raw edges? Or maybe I'm cutting my shapes too big? I lovecthe pretty fabric you're making these rosettes out of!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I want to live in the Land of Hexagonia. =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely to see your irises when today I drove through some falling snow. Winter has hit! I could have done with a nice hot latte then.
    Your hexies look great!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I didn't mean to be critical, was just trying to understand the TAW construction....๐Ÿ˜ž

    ReplyDelete
  13. The trips are such a good way to use up our scraps. I know I still have leftovers from my last set. Perhaps it's time to start some more. Enjoy the latte. Your iris are beautiful and timely.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So happy to see that you're able to be playing with your blocks once again.This post reminds me again that I must pull out my TATW fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So much eye candy in this post, Julierose. The latte looks delish!! Your hexies are perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such pretty flowers and great blocks! Love your latte too!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.