About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Saturday, August 19, 2023

AND NOW FOR SOMETHING COMPLETELY DIFFERENT, et al

 
After our morning walk on this
beautifully cool Summer morning,
I grabbed my coffee and took
out my Kathy Schmitz project:

"Gathered Blessings"--
and began to stitch the redwork with
the Bee Skeep block.

I am
trying to get my stitches back
in shape-- ;((((
it's been so long since
I've done embroidery that they are
a bit on the wonky side...

Since I finished hand quilting
my Moon Garden Stars I have
no other hand quilting project
on hand..

And so....

In the spirit of keeping myself
centered and calm, I decided
to do a bit of this calming
redwork....

***********************
Also...
I have done a bit of work on my
Boho Gypsy Caravan--
here is the back of the front cover
↓↓↓
A lovely hammock for lazing among the pillows
and gazing out at the stars....

And below:

Here is the first prompt:
"Where would you
most like to be"
↧↧↧↧
As always, at the beach at
sunset would be my choice...
definitely "La Dolce Vita" for me....
;))))

And I did a bit of work on the back
cover, too:
a lot of embellishments--
a sewn ribbon ruffle dotted
with flat-back pearls, leafy vines 
on the sides,
And....
↴↴↴↴
Sign postings for future journeys (L);
and my fellow traveler leading
his horse on the way ahead 
of our Caravan....

I thought the fabric, in the middle section,
looked a lot like a waterfall...
with rocks on the sides...
What fun ideas these images spark...

I am feeling my way on this
Caravan project....
adding more pages
and
waiting for more inspiration
to come to me...

I hope you are having a glorious 
Saturday
i will be sitting, 
Sloth-style 
on our deck lounge chair and
watching the puffy clouds sail by....
Hugs, Julierose
La blageuse
(red-working-euse)









12 comments:

  1. I've thought of another series (only 3 titles so far) that you might enjoy. The Thursday Murder Club by Richard Osman. #2 is Man who died twice and #3 is the Bullet that missed. Sprightly and funny, even if some of the goings on are slightly unbelievable.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your porch time. I just walked a quarter of a watermelon out to the chickens. Each group got a section, the older 3 pecked away at yummy watermelon while the younger girls had to figure out if they liked it. It only took them a few minutes and they were pecking away eating theirs. Mid 90's. Time to stay in the AC and relax for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your redwork project. I think it's nice to do something different every once in awhile. Your book covers are coming out great! I ordered a small cross stitch kit so I'll be working on something new too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How I love seeing these interesting projects of yours come up on my screen, delightful progress with Boho Gypsy Caravan, not just the visual but your descriptions of the different elements. Hope you enjoyed your time 'Slothing"!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a lovely embroidery project, Julierose. I hope you are enjoying every stitch. Oooh I am so intrigued by your Caravan project. I can not wait to see your progress. Relaxing on the beach would be quite delightful. Have a lovely weekend. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw a waterfall too and wondered if it was planned or just a happy accident. I hope you get a few more days of pleasant weather. Our heat up starts tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh you are working Gathered Blessings, Julierose. Lovely stitches and if yours are like mine, they will improve with getting in the practise. Now is that panel pre printed cause I would like to have one.
    Love this improv style Caravan piece...definitely looks like water cascading. What an interesting project!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I too am caught with no handquilting. Your redwork embroidery is darling and you do beautiful work.

    The Caravan is fun!

    I just started a British ''cozy'' series, but I think you need Kindle? I ll email the info later anyway. Well written so far, and lovely beachcombing/ dunes/ people on Cornwall coast.

    love

    lizzy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like you have a good start on your Gypsy caravan. Sometimes all you need is just to start.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I really like seeing your embroidery. The redwork piece looks like a perfect deck project, weather permitting. Glad to see you having some fun with your Gypsy caravan.

    ReplyDelete
  11. My embroidery skills have gone to pot. (If that's any consolation.) I second Miss Pat's recommendation of the Thursday Murder Club series. #4 is coming out in September. I'm halfway through Ann Patchett's new novel Tom Lake. It is WONDERFUL. And, for your summer lounging-by-the-water you've got to read Saturday Night at the Lakeside Supper Club by J. Ryan Stradal!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.