About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Saturday, August 5, 2023

AUGUST WILDFLOWERS, et al

 
Quilted, but not trimmed up yet.
This is the 4th and largest (of 5) table
toppers all quilted now and
ready to be bound.  

Here is the reverse 
of August Wildflowers
A big 9-patch using up 
leftover layer cake squares:
↡↡↡
I really like these colors together...

I tried hard to remember to
keep my shoulders down while
I was quilting..but I kept
finding them up by my ears!!!


And here is my Ojos ready to
be bound
↓↓↓↓
AND......
I also found another older Ojos hanging in
my closet ready for binding...
so there are two of this type of
table runner...
The older one has Orange slices
all over it and is my favorite so far...

So, in all, there are 5 in line 
for binding in 
August.

I am also working 
on hand quilting 
my "Moon Garden Stars"
slowly...
************************
Tonight's supper will be
Tom's Chili from the
big batch he made
and froze....so no
real cooking...
I will have mine with 
Frito Scoops
and sour cream--
yummy...

Tomorrow will be a resting day
from all things sewing...

hugs, Julierose, 
La Blageuse
(done-with-machine-quilting-euse)








11 comments:

  1. Reading: "Water Like a Stone"
    by Deborah Crombie

    ReplyDelete
  2. That turned out great! I see lots of binding finishes in your future. Enjoy dinner and a relaxing day Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That will be a nice reversible table topper with the sides such different colorings. I'm glad your machine is back to tip top shape and doing a good job of stitching.
    Supper from the freezer is the best. I have lots of leftovers in there to pull out when I don't feel like cooking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the scrappy goodness and fabric combo on the economy square table topper. Beautiful projects as always. Way to get them done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know all about the shoulders up around the ears thing because I always tense up when I'm machine quilting. Then I wonder why my neck gets sore! Your latest top finish looks wonderful. I know you were questioning the colours but I think they work wonderfully.

    ReplyDelete
  6. August wildflowers turned out so lovely. It's an unusual color combination but it works out so well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great finishes, Julierose! You have lots of binding in your future! I'm not sewing today either. Too much housework to catch up on! Enjoy the nice weather!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty! Love Ojos, all your versions. And August Wildflowers looks just like my wildflower meadow deck pots---cosmos, coreopsis, zinnias, sunflowers. Just beautifully imagined.

    Nice weather! I finished handquilting a small project, applique block next...

    love

    lizzy

    ReplyDelete
  9. All of your projects are pretty, Julierose. I love the fabrics in August Wildflowers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. your wildflowers quilt is such a great combination of colors!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I definitely see a meadow full of wildflowers in Spring/Summer in this beautiful quilt.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.