I found my "Autumn Stars" flimsie
hanging underneath a couple
small "starts" in my
"Closet of Shame"
this morning....
I had totally forgotten about it....
they keep on popping up....
👹
It is about 29" by 41"--
so I will look for a backing
and work on finishing this one
next....
********************
On the Embroidery front:
I finished this first little
block this afternoon:
A cute little Bee Skep...
The printing seems hard for me to see
clearly when I am stab stitching--
so working at a snail's pace on
these...there are 12 of them...
Will I finish them all?
Stay tuned....
;)))))
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Here is the "Naranja Ojos"
all finished...
↴↴↴↫
If you "click" you can find the
Oranges = "Naranjas"...;)))
[thanks Wanda, for the leftover
bindings suggestion--worked out really well.]
And here is the back ;
I used
a lovely panel
Really cute little sayings...
******************************
Little by little I am catching up with
the things I've begun and left off..
***********************
Today it is hot and humid once again--dew point
is up to 74 and it is 85 degrees...
so staying in and sewing...
Stay cool and safe...
Hugs, Julierose,
La Blageuse,
(finishing-up-euse)




Perhaps I need a reading break--nothing appeals lately....;(((
ReplyDeleteI love the colours of Autumn Stars - of course you'd have me at blue!
ReplyDeleteI found the oranges and that is such a neat fabric. The scrappy binding looks great.
ReplyDeleteI wonder how many more surprises you will find in that closet.
Love your Autumn Stars! Great choice of backing for Naranja Ojos and I love the exotic name.
ReplyDeleteCute little flimsie.
ReplyDeleteI like your embroidery project too. I started counted cross stitching... hard on the eyes also so I ordered a pair of magnifying glasses that can be worn over my regular glasses. I may look ridiculous but it's a game changer.lol.
Autumn Stars is a beautiful flimsy. I look forward to seeing this one quilted. I believe you will finish all twelve embroidery blocks. (at least that's my vote LOL). Naranja Ojos looks great all finished. Glad to see you are finishing up some projects...this is something I really need to do.
ReplyDeleteYou've turned the Naranja Ojos into a two-sided masterpiece. And how fun to find a nearly done surprise in the closet. You're making great progress.
ReplyDeletePat
Super hot and humid here - zapping everyone's energy and mojo for sure. I am loving these smaller pieces that you are bringing to the finished stage (and that scrappy binding is just perfect).
ReplyDeleteThe runner is a scrappy delight! No need to be 'ashamed' -- just a Pretty Pile of Potential!
ReplyDeleteYou're making such great progress finishing your projects. I love how everything is coming together. Yesterday's weather was awful! I'm enjoying today so much more!
ReplyDeleteI love ‘Closet of Shame’ - you have a way with words. Autumn Stars is really lovely and finished at just the right time of year too.
ReplyDeleteAutumn Stars looks amazing, Julierose and love your little bee skep embroidery. I hope you have a very lovely week working on your projects. Happy quilting and stitching.
ReplyDeleteLove that colourful finish of yours. Everything about it is pretty including the binding and that wonderful backing panel. You are doing great with your stab stitching, LOL. It is looking pretty too.I'm using back stitching too on my Redwork and it is so much slower than running stitches, oh my.
ReplyDelete