Moon Garden stars is all quilted!!
I need to trim her up, but that will have to wait
along with the binding, until my back recovers
from vacuuming and other household chores
I did this morning...
Here is the little boat's prow
splashing through the quilted waves..
I just really loved working out
this pattern from Jan Patek...
so rewarding....
:))))
***************************
On the weather front:
we are having a lot of rain...
T O N S....
Tom has dug a channel
for a proposed pipe drain to take
the water (which rushes down our
driveway into the garage) away
from the house. Today houses have
to be built with a slope on all sides
away from the house to prevent this
type of problem we are having...
This, of course, is a
temporary fix.....
↧↧↧↧
We also need to divert that water from
the corner downspout away from the
propane generator...
A work in progress...
Tom loves doing these projects and
is really good at figuring them out.
;))))
[I tried to upload a video during
the heaviest rain coming
down the drive, but
blogger wouldn't do it!!]
Here is the sloping driveway into our garage
We had that drain put in to
alleviate this problem, but it
won't divert enough water during
steady downpours to stop it
coming into our garage and then seeping
into the cellar...;(((((
This morning at one point the rain rate
was 5.1"/hr!!!
It seems that there is always something
regarding house maintenance,
isn't there????
******************************
Now the sun is breaking through
and
OOPS--raining AGAIN--
👺👺👺
straight down heavy rain...
filling that channel..
which is working to
take the excess water away
really well...
good job, Tom...:)))
************************************
I am
finishing up my 2nd cup of coffee while
resting the back for a bit...
while Tom is at his 3rd PT appointment,,,,
Stay dry and safe
Hugs, Julierose,
La blageuse
(sittin'-and-sippin'-euse)





Julierose, On your driveway being a culvert into your garage, could you possibly regrade your lawn on the left and make it lower than the drive? As long as the lawn is taller than the drive, it will keep the water going down the driveway. Another thing you might be able to do is put in a "speed bump" lower than halfway down the drive that would divert most of the rain into the lawn. I love your feminine boat quilt! I need to make an American flag, I just love my country so much. :)
ReplyDeleteHugs, Kara
Your Moon Garden Stars quilt is wonderful! I just love the stars the the waves. Good luck with your water diversion.
ReplyDeleteYour Moon Garden quilt is so cute. We used to sell a lot of Jan Patek's books at the quilt shop where I worked.
ReplyDeleteI hope your rain tapers off soon. That sounds like enough for one day.
Your little boat turned out so darling. The borders are just perfect. I envy the rainstorms. It seems that this year is the year of too much or not enough. We had a intermittent downpour yesterday but it didn't last very long. It did make the temperatures drop and that was very welcome. Hope the rest makes your back feel better.
ReplyDeleteThat's a lot of rain at one time. I have a perennial drainage problem on the southeast corner of my house. I've talked to one contractor about a possible solution which will be pretty expensive and mean the loss of landscaping, including one 30+ yr old virburnum bush. Hope you dry out soon and the back eases up.
ReplyDeletePat
Oh no, you certainly don't want water in your garage and basement. Looks like more pipes and drains are needed. Yes you are fight, there is always something that needs taking care of around the house. It's great that your hubby is keen and able to think of a solution. Your cute boat/ship block is lovely. When is a boat a ship, I never know?
ReplyDeleteOh no on the rain issues. I hope the sun comes out to dry things out. That is a lot of rain in an hour. The quilting is looking great.
ReplyDeleteWe have long extensions on our downspouts to keep water away from the basement. Esp. important since that's where my studio is, with all of that fabric. Congratulations on your finished project!
ReplyDeleteThe rain was crazy yesterday! It stopped for awhile and then started up again last night. So happy that today is dry and cool. I love Moon Garden. Your quilting is perfect!
ReplyDeleteMany congratulations on Moon Garden, it's a beautiful little treasure! We have problems, or have had in past years, with a sloping drive into our garage, the flooding used to be horrendous. John dug drains just as Tom has done to divert the water - success!!! We were so pleased.
ReplyDeleteMoon Garden Stars is so dreamy and whimsical. Beautiful job. My heart aches for you over the headache of having to deal with the water and the fear of the damage. We had water damage to our house a few years ago- not a pleasant experience. Wishing you and Tom the best in diverting the water. Hugs.
ReplyDeleteSandbags! Sump pump!? Not sure what might work w such a deluge. Tom sure is a hard worker and has good ideas.
ReplyDeleteHow is the new AC doing?
Moon Garden is absolutely beautiful, adorable and charming. I love the crisp colors and your hand applique and hand quilting are both gorgeous. It's a very special piece.
Water those marigolds anyway!
lizzy
Moon Garden is so sweet! For some reason I'm reminded of the poem Wynken, Blynken, and Nod.
ReplyDeleteGood for Tom for figuring out a better drainage system.
The quilting on Moon Garden Stars is beautiful, Julierose. I'm glad you enjoyed this project. You are so lucky that Tom can figure out how to divert the rainwater from the house and put a system in place. Water damage is the pits!! I hope your back feels better.
ReplyDeleteYour Moon Garden stars is just delightful, Julierose.
ReplyDeleteYou're right that there seems to always be something houses need. Rain can cause so many problems. I'm so glad Tom is able to do some (or most?) of the work to divert the water. Rain is good but too much rain definitely isn't.