My central panel for Audrey's QAL is
finally all hand stitched down...
I decided to use a simple little running
stitch along the flowers' raw edges
I used the same color purple thread for all
the little circles...
thinking of
crocus colors...
This will go up on my design wall and
wait for the next prompt...
*****************************
Here is my new white Cactus...
in bloom ...
It just looks so
Festive for
this time of
year....
with that bit of
red/mauve peeking out
;)))))
And my
Peach cactus continues to
bloom profusely...
:)))))
These blossoms look like silk...
don't they??
****************************************
We are having a quiet, restful day;
Tom had a bit of a scare this
morning thinking that he was
having another obstruction event;
but so far, so good---it
seems to be going away
on its own...
✌
Fingers crossed that it will...and
that another ambulance/hospital
event won't happen...
Hugs, Julierose
La Blageuse
(resting-euse)




Reading: "Walking: One Step At A Time"
ReplyDeleteby Erling Kagge...interesting take on slowing down your life....
Your center block is just lovely. I hope Tom continues to stay well.
ReplyDeleteBest to take things easy after a health scare. Rest and relax, and keep your energy for the Christmas festivities. Do take care.
ReplyDeleteOh, I hope you and Tom don't have another hospital visit.
ReplyDeleteYour center turned out lovely. I love the combination of colors you have chosen.
Oh no, poor Tom [and you too]. Today was such a glorious day, I was hoping you got to walk to your beach bench.
ReplyDeleteYour crocuses are darling. And how wonderful to have them all done.
I'm in love with your cactuses, they make me think of angel wings. And they blooms are so pristine and beautiful. I never do houseplants but you have me me wanting a cactus too, my grocery store has tiny ones on offer. I read about them on Martha Stewart's gardening page. Apparently they live for many years, 40 or more. Put them in your will [says Martha!], hahaha. It said you can prune them if you don't want them to be huge and details about how to r create a new bloom cycle each year.
let us know how Tom is, best wishes to you both!
The cactus flowers are always so delicate and fragile looking. I love the inside blooms when outside looks so desolate in the winter.
ReplyDeletefun applique project and I like the primitive look.
ReplyDeletePretty Pretty catcus blooms!
I hope Tom is better and that there will be no hospital trips in the future for him (or you!).
ReplyDeleteI've never seen a peach cactus until you started showing us yours.
Bramble Blooms applique is beautiful, and your white Christmas cactus couldn't arrive at a better time! I wish I could find the peachy coloured ones in our garden shops! Hope Tom is now recovered.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful cactus blossoms!! The pairing of white and peach/champagne is just lovely. And kudos for moving Bramble Blooms forward. Mine is patiently waiting.
ReplyDelete