So far, on Audrey's Bramble QAL,
I have slow stitched
the basket with a buttonhole stitch
and
whip stitched the stems with brown...
[Ignore the bottom fabric it is the
pillow upon which I am sewing]
***********************************
This morning's travels led me
to Big Y where I found this
beauty:
A Christmas Cactus in full bud mode...
;))))
I love the cute little reindeer attached...
It appears that the flowers are tinged
with a peach-ey color--but
we shall wait and see when they flower.....
Now I own two cacti:
This one is a raspberry color when
it first blooms and then
fades to a light, rosy pink...
********************
Yesterday we totally re-configured our
side tv room--or rather Tom did most
of it!! I now have three windows for
plants that I can use...
Before, our recliner and our big screen
tv were blocking most of our windows...
Once Christmas is over, I will go
hunting for a nice Begonia and
A tall corner low light plant
for these spots and perhaps
an African Violet, too...
[Sorry for the dark photo, but my phone
camera doesn't fix the lighting any better]
The little tabletop Christmas
tree will (hopefully) be
replaced by a nice begonia...
These windows face the North, and
on the right, the East in the corner...
I sit right along that righthand corner
with that lovely view
of the wooded area
in our backyard...
We are both recuperating
from this move and
re-settlement of our room...
UFFF-DAH!!
Hugs, Julierose,
La Blageuse
(slow-stitching-euse)




Now reading "That Way Murder Lies" by Ann Granger
ReplyDeleteanother Mitchell and Markby Mystery...great story...very enjoyable...
The little basket is as cute as a button. This looks like a very fun project. Gorgeous Christmas Cactus. I have always wanted one, but have not yet bought one. Perhaps this year. Enjoy your day, Julierose. Hugs.
ReplyDeleteBramble Blooms is coming right along. Is the color of your stems gold or brown? It's a rich nice color. I wish I had all that light for sewing and plants. Our house faces NW an so this time of year I get no direct sunlight in the great room (that makes it sound like it's big - it's not) where I spend most of my time.
ReplyDeleteHi. I love the idea of a basket of flowers for the Bramble Blooms. It's interesting how people are deciding to applique - by machine, by needleturn, and also by buttonhole/blanket stitch. So many techniques!
ReplyDeleteLots of energy used to move things around. The bramble is looking great. Love your cactuses, I can't seem to keep plants alive. Something about forgetting to water them! Stay warm.
ReplyDeleteLove your Bramble Blooms! My Christmas Cactus died a few years ago and I still have to replace it. I had it for years! I love your side room. It's so much work to move furniture around. It looks great!
ReplyDeleteOh, I like your buttonhole stitching on the Bramble basket! I'm going to get my block out and consider ...
ReplyDeleteI love your Bramble Blooms! Just how you imagined them.
ReplyDeleteLovely Christmas cactuses! I hope they both flourish in your redone room and windows. That Tom is such a great guy, works so hard!
My dad had a Christmas cactus that was huge, over 40 years old, and like yours a supermarket buy that grew and grew. It lived with my mom's Af violets and woe betide anyone who touched the cactus. He said NEVER rotate or move them, they are fussy. [???]
thx for book idea, my current book is dreadful...
love
lizzy
I'm glad you found some cactus plants. You have the perfect lighting for them with the north and east exposures and so many windows
ReplyDeleteA clever little basket for Bramble QAL. I love the mix of colors you’ve chosen.
ReplyDeleteYour Bramble is rambling along quite nicely!
ReplyDeleteReally wish a Christmas cactus would be kind enough to not die. I've had numerous ones over the years and managed to kill them in short order. Last Christmas there was a shop at our mall that had absolutely gorgeous big ones and I drooled and thought I should try again. Then I decided to do the plant a favour and let someone else take care of it.